I've got two small dogs....... tenant can't count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two small dogs....... tenant can't count.

I've just had an enquiry from somebody looking for a house. They've got two small dogs and want to move in mid-January.
    I gave them a higher rent than usual to include two dogs, but said I was hoping to let the property before mid-January.
    Then they said they can't move in before then because they need to sell the puppies so they've got the deposit....
    Having puppies is not two small dogs!

Next.....

Ha ha next indeed. Perhaps it’s the puppies from the 2 small dogs and once puppies sold they will be back to 2 small dogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
      Then they said they can't move in before then because they need to sell the puppies so they've got the deposit....
      Looks like they are using their 2 small dogs as a cash crop. Have you seen the prices charged for small dog puppies?

No doubt if they get short of cash once in your flat there will be more puppies on the way to make some more cash.
      Some people see selling puppies as a way to make easy money, you don't want a puppy farm in your property.
      https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-...t-a-puppy-farm

Comment

Some winners and some losers thanks to COVID ... puppy farms = big winners.

Puppy prices through the roof this year as everyone stuck at home, isolated and wanting company

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_Manchester View Post
          Ha ha next indeed. Perhaps it’s the puppies from the 2 small dogs and once puppies sold they will be back to 2 small dogs...
          . . . and soon back up to more puppies. I suspect so anyway. Can you imagine the mess?

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
            Looks like they are using their 2 small dogs as a cash crop. Have you seen the prices charged for small dog puppies?

No doubt if they get short of cash once in your flat there will be more puppies on the way to make some more cash.
            Some people see selling puppies as a way to make easy money, you don't want a puppy farm in your property.
            https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-...t-a-puppy-farm
            I suspect there'll be a puppy farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_Manchester View Post
              Some winners and some losers thanks to COVID ... puppy farms = big winners.

Puppy prices through the roof this year as everyone stuck at home, isolated and wanting company
              Yes, the price of dogs in horrendous! My dogs were £500 and £300 but now they're selling for as much as £2k! I was talking to somebody who paid £1500 for a cockerpoo, which is, after all, a mongrel. Cute, but still a mongrel.

Comment

Problem with the rising prices is the rise in targeted dog stealing. With decent cash to be made we are hearing more reports of dogs stolen to order.... horrible for the owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
                  ...which is, after all, a mongrel. Cute, but still a mongrel.
                  Yeah, 'coz the most important thing when choosing a dog as a pet is to make sure that it is 'pure bred' and therefore more likely to have physical problems resulting from inbreeding.

Comment

I'm not saying that the most important thing is that a dog should be a 'pure bred' - not at all. There are pros and cons with a pure breed. Breeds have certain characteristics that can suit the owner. You wouldn't use a Chihuahua to round your sheep up. Some dogs have physical problems such as stubby faced dogs with their poppy out eyes. Pure dog breeds have had a lot of time to develop their particular traits and that's why they are more expensive. Mongrels are less likely to be sure to have the traits and temperament an owner might be looking for so it's often a case of pot luck. I, personally, wouldn't want to pay £1500 for any dog, let alone one that I wouldn't know the likely temperament and health issues of.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X