Passed EICR and then a fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed EICR and then a fail

I had a new consumer unit (fuse box) installed and the guy also did an EICR report where he gave a satisfactory rating. I then had another guy change some light fittings, plugs and replace some wiring. So I thought best to do another EICR and also for it to be an independent person to the two guys who had done the work. I then got an unsatisfactory rating.

I had the unsatisfactory C2s fixed. Do I now get another EICR or can I just use the first EICR to give to the future tenant? Is there a way to find out if EICR reports exist for a property?

Depends on which electrical body they belong to, any domestic electrical installation work notified by your NICEIC / ELECSA electrical contractor to the Local Building Control Body is searchable through the site www.checkmynotification.com otherwise it's not possible to search, unlike EPC.

Comment

Both have the NICEIC logo on the reports, my search for the numbers on the above website found no results.

Comment

Did the last certificate state it is satisfactory or unsatisfactory? If unsatisfactory as from 1st July you need a satisfactory certificate or you cant legally let the property. You could get the remedials work done and they should then produce a satisfactory certificate.

Comment

It's only searchable if the works went through building control. If it didn't then it wont be found. You can only check if the electrician's/ company are registered, they should all work to the same standard.

Comment

Stacker,

The first report says satisfactory, the second says unsatisfactory.

I have had those unsatisfactory issues fixed. For me having lived in the property for 5 years with these issues and not experienced any problems seems like the second guy just wanted to fail me to get some work out of it.

So can I give the first report to a potential tenant?

Comment

I believe there should be some certificate provided by the electrician that addressed the C2s that says everything is now OK.

I believe that those together with the failed EICR are what are required to be provided; a new inspection and report are not required.

Comment

If you have had the unsatisfactory issues fixed then you should have a satisfactory certificate and this is the one to use as its the latest date they need to be renewed every 5 years.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X