Genuine Car Spares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine Car Spares

Are genuine car parts not a thing any more? Any time I google for genuine citroen spares, I just get a lot of pattern parts suppliers.

Last year, in view of Brexit, I ordered a service kit for my car from such a supplier. The parts were all sent from Italy. I thought today would be ideal to crack on with it, so set to work undoing the pipe to the air filter. The flaming Italian air filter is a different shape to the existing one, so I've had to reassemble my car with the original.

Any thoughts?

Main dealer?

Comment

Only franchised dealers can sell original parts.
      It's a legal monopoly.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks JPK. I think they must have been able to sell online though, as I have a Peugeot Citroen fuel filter I bought online some years ago. I guess they found it too competetive to be worth their while.

Comment

Or people can buy and resell online - they're technically second hand, but who cares with an unopened box.

Euro car parts are reckoned to be pretty good - they've spent years building crossreferences to allow you to get the right non-manufacturer parts to match your car.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I too use Euro Car Parts or GSF (German Swedish & French) depending on car model but always wait till they have a deal on with the coupon codes advertised on the site as you can get 60% of an already discounted price..... went to order some brake pads the other day listed as approx £22 and with the coupon code ended up being £11 delivered which was cheaper than the big auction site and a better brand....

However for some things, i.e. I needed a new brake caliper at the same time (remanufactured) one it was far cheaper to use the auction site on a buy it now.

I always tend to look for OEM parts (Original Equipment Manufacturer) spec...

Comment

Someone on a German EV site directed me to these guys in Germany: https://www.online-teile.com/oem-kat...hp?language=en

Amazingly they seem able to supply genuine parts for any make anywhere in EU.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X