Goverments Emergency legislation details Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bluetooth is Permanently switched off, it's easy for hackers to gain access to devices via Bluetooth.

IMHO.
    Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Link below is a report about people resisting to wearing masks in 1918 ( one hundred and 2 years ago ) :

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/u...=pocket-newtab

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
        Link below is a report about people resisting to wearing masks in 1918 ( one hundred and 2 years ago ) :

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/u...=pocket-newtab
        I've got some silver dollars...

Comment

Is there anyone who feels confident that they understand the rules now?

I've lost track completely.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

This might help jpkeates?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
              This might help jpkeates?
              Thank you.
              Much clearer!

Off to Preston I go.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

aps,504x498,small,transparent-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg
                Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that subject to parliamentary approval, her government intends to extend the country’s evictions ban until March 2021.

Comment

I'm sure that for some landlords it's going to be cheaper to just illegally evict.

Comment

The UK national debt has gone up from £1.8 Trillion last year to £2.39 Trillion due to covid pandemic. The national debt per person = £38,385 .

The national debt per tax payer = £66,023 . This debt has increased by 33% over the past 8 months .

I am expecting the bank interest rates to be held down whilst personal income tax rates will have to rise.

Comment

I don't see any reason, personally, why the government should raise taxes or even plan to repay the debt at all.
                      The UK is a nation not a company, there's no need to balance the books.

Comment

About 8 years ago, the Greek Government had your thinking and inefficient tax collection system caused an economic collapse and severe hardship for its citizens.

I guess if you have a few BTLs, the rental income will keep you away from any hardship..

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
                          About 8 years ago, the Greek Government had your thinking and inefficient tax collection system caused an economic collapse and severe hardship for its citizens.

I guess if you have a few BTLs, the rental income will keep you away from any hardship..
                          The Greek Government was forced to borrow money from the EU at ruinous interest rates to reduce its debt to a level required by its membership of the Euro.
                          Sharing a currency demands a level(ish) playing field.

All of which will look a little ironic as the other members of the Euro are also increasing their national debt to astonishing levels.

The UK is not in the same situation as the Greeks.
                          The beauty of national debt is that there's no deadline for paying it off or reducing it.
                          The USA has a national debt of 26 Trillion Dollars (£61,000 per person) and it's seen as a hugely powerful and successful nation.

If national debt was anything like real debt, the entire financial operation of the planet would fail.

Comment

The i-newspaper dated 16 July 2020 asked " What options does the Chancellor have on taxes?

- Capital gains tax and the rates could go up from 18% and 28% to say 25 % and 33%

- Wealth tax . We don't have this yet but our IHT rate at 40% is quite a deep cut. .

Comment

It's interesting because a wealth tax is such an obvious option (although I'd hate it personally).
                              But it's hardly a policy the traditional tory voter is going to be in favour of.

Comment

Some countries in europe have wealth tax including:

Spain - charges 0.2% for assets over 700K Euros
                                Belgium -charges 0.15% for assets over 500K Euros .
                                Norway -charges 0.15% for assets over 148K Krones ( excluding own residence )

Proposed by some US Democrats :

Bernie Sanders - 2% for assets over USD $38 Mil
                                Elizabeth Warren - 2% for assets over USD $50 Mil.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X