Sanity prevails in the Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanity prevails in the Country

sanity has prevailed and Landlords do not have to fear the draconian proposals of Corbyn and McDonnel, I am a very happy but very person having survived on Red Wine and Crisps throughout the night.

Quite. I think we need to call it by its real name. Fascism has been held at bay. Hopefully we will get the development of an effective opposition who represent working people, and not just middle class clueless graduates in London who think peer bullying and ostracising of people who know they are wrong (indeed evil) is OK.

Perhaps underpopulated and xenophobic Scotland can at long last take its fair share of asylum seekers and refugees.

Comment

Like England ?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        Fascism has been held at bay.
        I'm confused by that statement??

The (right wing) conservative party have just won a majority in parliament.

Perhaps we have a different definition of what fascism is?

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
          Perhaps we have a different definition of what fascism is?
          This is a big topic - and we could discuss at length the political strategies of of thuggery, property theft, intimidation, and how the hard right (of which Boris most certainly is not - by a far stretch) and the hard left -- are really one and the same. Fascism has to do with authoritarianism, violence and the belief that some groups of people (who they are, not what they have achieved) are more important than others (whether they be immigrants, local nationalists or ISIS thugs)

However here is a quick offhand take on what a fascist looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcI64pwIqjc

Another random read.

http://markhumphrys.com/jeremy.corbyn.html

Yes we are talking about fascism. The SNP are probably nationalists bordering of a thin end of the wedge -- not really much different to the EDL, BNP and the like. They are all in the same group. The current rioting in London (not my PM etc, I have the right to exert my authority and do so by thuggery) is a manifestation of fascism too. As is extinction rebellion (I am a pretty ardent environmentalist -- but I don't believe in breaking stuff, intimidating people, and acting like a thug).

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
            Like England ?
            UK scotland.jpg

Comment

Methinks we have different interpretations.

Comment

Methinks we have different interpretations.
                Well you can make up your own definitions and word if you like. Based on my definition and the solid evidence you think Jeremy Corbyn (and his momentum drones) are good and decent chaps. If not, what other word would you apply (I'll happily accept your word for "fascists"? - we can add it to our dictionary.

Comment

Have I ever, in any post, said what my political affilition is?

You seem to to have an aversion to the labour party - fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Comment

Have I ever, in any post, said what my political affilition is?
                    You seem to to have an aversion to the labour party - fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                    The precise point - well made yourself.

Have *I* ever said what my political affiliation is. The issue that concerns us all (and which motivated millions of voters to act) was precisely that their so called "affiliation" did not matter at all -- because they were not prepared to vote for noxious excrement (whether you call it fascism or something else - the facts of what it is are clear).

Comment

Hmm . . . so we have a misogynist racist liar in no 10 and a misogynist racist liar in the White House. I'm closing the door on my way out in search of sanity and sun. I'll be back when he's out . . . 😎

Comment

We have a lot of words... but not much foundation.

Would you mind Jon66 giving us some very clear examples of that racism in #10.

And don't tell me about the letterbox story - that's not racism. It's mostly bull and guff and diversion from very real problems with politicians.

Try giving some examples of the misogynist stuff too.....

here are some lines for you to fill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

And if you want some help Jon66 this was the best someone called Nafees Ahmed could do in 2018

https://www.mintpressnews.com/is-bor...record/247719/

Wild extrapolations from various quotes none of which are particularly racist and most simply reflect the problems of the world

So this comment below was taken as racist for example - what absolute bull:

Whatever you may think of the value of IQ tests, it is surely relevant to a conversation about equality that as many as 16 per cent of our species have an IQ below 85, while about 2 per cent have an IQ above 130… I don’t believe that economic equality is possible; indeed, some measure of inequality is essential for the spirit of envy and keeping up with the Joneses and so on that it is a valuable spur to economic activity.”

Hardly rises to the standards of Hitler or even the rather wonderful Diane Abbot where the examples are much clearer. Calling BJ a racist really demeans the targets of real racism both historically and currently.

Comment

I'm leaving, not debating 😎

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                              Would you mind ... giving us some very clear examples of that racism in #10.
                              I'll step up
                              When I shamble round the park in my running gear late at night, and I come across that bunch of black kids, shrieking in the spooky corner by the disused gents, I would love to pretend that I don't turn a hair.

Now you might tell me not to be such a wuss. You might say that I am at no more risk than if I had come across a bunch of winos. But somehow or other a little beeper goes off in my brain. I'm not sure what triggers it (the sayings of Sir Paul Condon? The Evening Standard?), but I put on a pathetic turn of speed. You might tell me that when they shout their cheery catcalls, I should smile and wave. And, you know, maybe a big girl's blouse like me would break into an equally rapid lollop if it were a gang of white kids.

Quite possibly. The trouble is, I'm not sure. I cannot rule out that I have suffered from a tiny fit of prejudice. I have prejudged this group on the basis of press reports, possibly in right-wing newspapers, about the greater likelihood of being mugged by young black males than by any other group. And if that is racial prejudice, then I am guilty.
                              What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.

They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.
                              On President Obama
                              Some said it was a snub to Britain. Some said it was a symbol of the part-Kenyan President’s ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender,
                              I'm not suggesting that he's part of the BNP or even that his racism is anything other than casual, but Boris Johnson is a typical white elitist racist. It's not the defining element of their personality, it's just there, under the surface.
                              The belief that it's OK to believe that white men are superior, because it's only racist to believe that coloured people are inferior.

The same strand of personality that makes it OK to call gay men "bumboys" as a joke.

This post was flagged as spam, so it may appear as a duplicate when OKd by a moderator.
                              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X