Election - well now we know - sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election - well now we know - sort of

The exit polls are looking good. Regardless of the serious defects of this campaign and the individuals involved, the great British Public have shown that they do not want to live in a fascist dictatorship ruled by a bunch of ideologically and historically challenged nutbags.

And so much for the myth that business is worried about Brexit - well they might be somewhat -- but the pound has surged since the exit polls despite the near certainty of Brexit (as opposed to its continued befuddlement).

Good news, at least for 2019. Maybe our idiot children will have grown up a little by the next election. And maybe we will have an opposition who are from a better place than planet zog. Let's hope the bearded race-obsessed racism inspiring fool is on the dole by the morning -- but I forget, he and his mate are rolling in cash. Good riddance....

Now all we need is to persuade these folk that hammering the PRS is no good for tenants or indeed anyone who wants a vibrant economy, and that house prices need to be gently and substantially deflated via rising interest rates, no more money printing, and no more incentives for fools to buy when they should wait. But that may be a hope too far.

And hopefully the SNP will now arrange for Scotland to be removed from the UK - which would seem desirable for all concerned.

I'm just glad it's over with.... Well at least this first bit!

I was hoping one of the parties had a few positive policies towards landlords, nothing stood out. Actually, the Conservative party did say they'd strengthen section 8 if they scrap section 21.

Let's see how that pans out

Comment

With any luck they'll be too busy with other priorities and will leave us alone. In much of the country outside the SE landlords are keen to hang on to good tenants so perhaps the pressure to abolish sec21 will abate.

Comment

what a relief catastrophe averted

Comment

I haven't followed any party in enough detail to truly debate but have been concerned by Personalities that have used abusive or ridiculing social media posts against the parties or individuals. They are generally looked up to and people can be easily swayed by their favoured personality/celebrity even if there is no supporting evidence in an amusing childish rant.

I'd love to hear of a party increasing education and awareness of managing financial responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
            The great British Public have shown that they do not want to live in a fascist dictatorship ruled by a bunch of ideologically and historically challenged nutbags.
            Er...I think that that is exactly what they have voted for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post

Er...I think that that is exactly what they have voted for.
              That was my thought when I read that, but I have been busy with real life until now, so you got in first.

Comment

Andrew, whether or not you dislike or disagree with people, please make a New Year resolution to be more polite. It doesn't lessen your strength of view but increases it.
                Mardanis, I studied the education policy of all parties in detail. The Green Party put forward a policy for for the 21st century. I have worked in education from Nursery to University lecturer for decades. A post is insufficient space to put forward a full argument.
                However, I have continually questioned the relevance of much of the school curriculum.
                When was the last time anyone on the forum worked out the circumference of a circle and why ?
                Happy Christmas all and may the New Year bring all you wish yourselves.

Comment

Cant see anything I wrote that is impolite -- sorry. When dealing with racist thugs politeness doesn't matter anyway.

Comment

Andrew, you know more and contribute more to the forums than I do. No one else seems to find anything wrong. It is not the kind of language I like but I appear to be in a tiny minority nowadays.
                    all the best and thanks for all the time you give contributing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X