Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colours in text

Originally posted by mariner View Post
    Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes
    For future reference, which of the following shows up best?

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = red

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = blue

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = green

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = dark green

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = brown

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = purple

The same against white background:

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = red

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = blue

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = green

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = dark green

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = brown

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = purple

Comment

Some countries embed the Web Contact Accessibility Guidelines into national disability legislation, and assuming they require AA level conformance, for the light cyan background:

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post

For future reference, which of the following shows up best?

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = red Illegal

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = blue Legal

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = green Illegal

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = dark green Legal but not best practice

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = brown Legal but not best practice

Lawcruncher, please use a dark, not a light font for to highlight your quotes = purple Legal
      In typical UK style, I think we just require things to be accessible, but complying with the wCAG would be a good defence.

To check other combinations, use: https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Comment

Note that I see a different background colour on my posting. The value I see on lawcruncher's posting, is #DAEFFF

Comment

I have no problem with reading any of the colour/background combinations shown here (or the original light orange font that seems to have led to the thread).
          I understand that other people may have difficulty with some colours/combinations though - my dad is red-green colour blind.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X