Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit

I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance

I did - and I would 100% not change my vote.
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Same here. In the last 2 weeks I have had one set of Poles return home and now a French/Italian pair go saying they can't afford to live here anymore.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Search for Jonathan Pie on BBC iPlayer and watch his programme. His piece about voters (and non-voters) in the referendum is very funny. And very true. As is the rest of his routine.

Comment

I sticking to lets leave 100%

Comment

Since a hard brexit may come without any agreement reached with EU, we should be ready to deal with any problems arising from the break-up.
            If you are renewing your buildings insurance, renew it through a UK regulated insurer. An EU based insurer may not be able to settle claims made by claimants residing outside the EU.

Comment

Mobile roaming if there is a hard brexit may be capped at £45 per month . Still to much :

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal

Comment

voted to leave, and still want my vote to be respected. I would take the no deal and plan for that, any offers or deals after that is a bonus and gives more time and funds to sort the other issues out. But what do I know?

Comment

I agree totally topshelf no deal is certainly the right way to go! Not having "no deal"as a valid option from the beginning has weakened us totally in negotiations. I fear that everything will be done by the majority Remainer parliament to prevent "no deal" however - the next move will be to try and extend the end March deadline...

Comment

As the manifesto was advisory, everyone's vote has been respected.

What's emerged is that the best deal possible isn't good enough (for different reasons for different people) and leaving with no deal is going to be damaging to the nation- which no government can allow and if they try, parliament will stop it.
                    Which is one of the things parliament is there for - and we voted for parliament too.

So we either need to work out what type of deal would be acceptable (but late, in my view, but there you go) or we remain.
                    So this government needs to rethink, or we have a general election or another referendum
                    So the deadline needs to be extended whatever happens.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Prime Sinister May, signed a U.N. declaration in Morocco last month to "Assist" migrants to come to the U.K.: Estimates are 59 MILLION can FREELY come to Europe, and that we MUST ACCEPT THEM.
                      And this has nothing to do with Brexit.
                      This means that even if we get a no deal, we will still be swamped with illiterate fighting aged men, who come for free welfare, housing and medication.

If you invite the third world here, you become the third world.

Comment

Oh dear the old "advisory" line again! Good old Mr Cameron's "whatever you decide we will implement" etc. Obviously disagree that No Deal will be damaging to the nation (and before anyone asks career in international trade/export, speak 2 euro languages and lived in 2 euro countries etc etc) Anyway life is too short for old arguments otherwise is is New Year Same Stuff - Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

I voted to leave and have seen nothing to change my mind. I would actually prefer a no-deal Brexit, I can't see that the vote can be honoured in any other way.

Comment

I was going to stay off this Brexit thread, but since most of those who have replied so far have indicated that they support leaving the EU, I'm curious...

How do you think the country will benefit from leaving the EU?
                            And how do you think that you, or your family, will personally benefit?

I see very little to be gained (if anything) and so far no 'Brexiter' has given me any answer that seems to be a genuine benefit and seems to have any real chance of actually being realised.

Comment

Originally posted by Macromia View Post
                              I was going to stay off this Brexit thread, but since most of those who have replied so far have indicated that they support leaving the EU, I'm curious...

How do you think the country will benefit from leaving the EU?
                              And how do you think that you, or your family, will personally benefit?

I see very little to be gained (if anything) and so far no 'Brexiter' has given me any answer that seems to be a genuine benefit and seems to have any real chance of actually being realised.
                              Just because any benefit is compromised by Remoaners, does that mean we should give up?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit
                                craig2222
                                I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
                                30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                Very interesting. A bit over dramatic and over the top but there is a backlash. I suppose David Lammy's fuss about Comic Relief that cost it £8 million this year shows it is here too. It is so sad to see so much division. The "Elites" have a lot to answer for (cue link to Brexit!)
                                19-03-2019, 20:36 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                JK0
                                The subject of this talk is the United States. I think a lot of it applies to the UK also:

19-03-2019, 18:51 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                jpkeates
                                I will (personally) gain absolutely zero additional "freedom" from leaving the EU and neither will you.

Can you name anything that we will gain that improves our quality of life in any meaningful way?

Coronation Street down to one episode almost did it, though!...
                                19-03-2019, 11:00 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                You are of course entitled to your view JP which I respect but I think entirely the opposite is true. It is also a new one on me to equate food bank supplies with Brexit but I suppose project fear have tried everything else so far! What next I wonder? Coronation Street down to 1 episode a week horror...
                                19-03-2019, 10:33 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                jpkeates
                                This may be some of the most scary notions I have seen.

Medicines are not "planned for" in the event of no deal. The government has started to stockpile some of the most critical medicines to prevent a shortage immediately after a hard brexit. But that's of essential medication...
                                19-03-2019, 09:58 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                But in the real world there will be no serious shortages. Medicines have been planned for. Supermarkets are certainly sorted - profits are at stake. Good old capitalism will ensure there are very few issues. The answer to the question of "how we are supposed to fill the current gap between what...
                                19-03-2019, 09:19 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                buzzard1994
                                Project fear may become project Face Reality. We can not physically get the goods we need to import through Dover with the extra delays caused by customs checks.No-one has just proposed a workable solution to that problem and such solutions as there are ( waving lorries through, paying for extra ferry...
                                19-03-2019, 06:43 AM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                islandgirl
                                A price worth paying as far as I am concerned. Anyone for a chorus of "There'll be Project Fear over the whilte cliffs of Dover"? Though come to think of it anyone afraid of being without chestnuts has a very empty life!
                                18-03-2019, 23:21 PM
                              • Reply to Brexit
                                buzzard1994
                                Harvest is something like September to November - maybe they'll all be through the queues by Christmas but priority is likely to still be given to medicines and fresh food. Perhaps our incompetent government will have got some extra ferry contracts then,perhaps not. Of course the pound would drop again...
                                18-03-2019, 19:48 PM
                              Working...
                              X