Any RLA members here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any RLA members here?

Is anyone here an RLA member and attending their conference next week? It would be good to meet.

Yes, am RLA member. But will be on the wing

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Brexit
      craig2222
      I'm wondering how many of you voted for brexit and would you change your mind if you had the chance ? . I didn't vote and I still wouldn't be sure if I would choose leave or remain if we had another chance...
      30-09-2018, 16:17 PM
    • Reply to Brexit
      islandgirl
      Very interesting. A bit over dramatic and over the top but there is a backlash. I suppose David Lammy's fuss about Comic Relief that cost it £8 million this year shows it is here too. It is so sad to see so much division. The "Elites" have a lot to answer for (cue link to Brexit!)
      19-03-2019, 20:36 PM
    • Reply to Brexit
      JK0
      The subject of this talk is the United States. I think a lot of it applies to the UK also:

19-03-2019, 18:51 PM
    • Reply to Brexit
      jpkeates
      I will (personally) gain absolutely zero additional "freedom" from leaving the EU and neither will you.

Can you name anything that we will gain that improves our quality of life in any meaningful way?

Coronation Street down to one episode almost did it, though!...
      19-03-2019, 11:00 AM
    • Reply to Brexit
      islandgirl
      You are of course entitled to your view JP which I respect but I think entirely the opposite is true. It is also a new one on me to equate food bank supplies with Brexit but I suppose project fear have tried everything else so far! What next I wonder? Coronation Street down to 1 episode a week horror...
      19-03-2019, 10:33 AM
    • Reply to Brexit
      jpkeates
      This may be some of the most scary notions I have seen.

Medicines are not "planned for" in the event of no deal. The government has started to stockpile some of the most critical medicines to prevent a shortage immediately after a hard brexit. But that's of essential medication...
      19-03-2019, 09:58 AM
    • Reply to Brexit
      islandgirl
      But in the real world there will be no serious shortages. Medicines have been planned for. Supermarkets are certainly sorted - profits are at stake. Good old capitalism will ensure there are very few issues. The answer to the question of "how we are supposed to fill the current gap between what...
      19-03-2019, 09:19 AM
    • Reply to Brexit
      buzzard1994
      Project fear may become project Face Reality. We can not physically get the goods we need to import through Dover with the extra delays caused by customs checks.No-one has just proposed a workable solution to that problem and such solutions as there are ( waving lorries through, paying for extra ferry...
      19-03-2019, 06:43 AM
    • Reply to Brexit
      islandgirl
      A price worth paying as far as I am concerned. Anyone for a chorus of "There'll be Project Fear over the whilte cliffs of Dover"? Though come to think of it anyone afraid of being without chestnuts has a very empty life!
      18-03-2019, 23:21 PM
    • Reply to Brexit
      buzzard1994
      Harvest is something like September to November - maybe they'll all be through the queues by Christmas but priority is likely to still be given to medicines and fresh food. Perhaps our incompetent government will have got some extra ferry contracts then,perhaps not. Of course the pound would drop again...
      18-03-2019, 19:48 PM
    Working...
    X