Uber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what Jeremy Corbyn has to do with this discussion, he's not in a position to ban anything (outside his own party and barely then).

I don't think the companies listed should be banned, just that they should obey the same regulations as everyone else.
    The basic business model bothers me, but that's not a reason to ban them.

And if the licence renewal isn't a real "thing" - it's something political, it means that been outmanoeuvred by UK trade unions and a group of taxi drivers, which, given their wealth and history, means they should take a good look at themselves.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
      That is the goal of every good company. If that was not their goal their shareholders would be rightly miffied.
      That's not the case.
      The goal of most companies is to maximise returns over a period.
      Most companies operate in economies where monopoly trading isn't allowed.

The exception to this is Russia, China (and some other states) and the US technology sector.
      If Microsoft, Apple or Google were a US automobile manufacturer, they would have been broken up by now.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X