ALL inclusive bills nightmare as a Landlord for next academic year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landlord666 View Post
    Also, If the costs come in well under, they get a rebate. I'm a nice LL !
    I believe that you are not allowed to profit from charging for utilities so a refund would be mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by landlord666 View Post
      I always give generous allowances so it is unlikely they will be exceeded unless they really go overboard with wasting energy.
      Even with a price hike of 54% today and another large increase scheduled for October?

I really think specifying amounts of money in a clause such as this is next to useless and only likely to lead to contention with the tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post

Even with a price hike of 54% today and another large increase scheduled for October?

I really think specifying amounts of money in a clause such as this is next to useless and only likely to lead to contention with the tenants.
        My bills inclusive rent amount has built in the average 54% increase from now, plus an anticipated further 50% from October.

The important thing is to make sure the tenants understand the terms prior to a signing.

In normal times one can anticipate within a couple of hundred pounds what the bills will be. These are not normal times so I have said that if the rise is higher than 50%, I will absorb it.

Students need a nudge to in order to be careful with energy otherwise they will just use it needlessly......heat on at 28c 24/7 and windows open scenario. By adding a clause with a limit makes them more aware of managing energy.

​​​​​​​

Comment

You've had over 12 months to foresee the massive increase in commodity prices and should have hedged your exposure in the energy market already.

At this point it's too late and you're panicking and now looking for ways to get out of your obligations. Maybe landlording is not for you.

Take it on the chin and use it as a learning exercise.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X