Correct Dates for NTQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Dates for NTQ

I am sure that will have been asked on occasions before, but clarification on this would be appreciated. The last NTQ we had to deal with was issued by a letting agent, who got the dates wrong, a mistake which cost us a further month's unpaid rent.......

We have tenants that we would like to remove, because of non-payment of rent.

The SAT is dated 30 April 2011 and was for six months. We have an AT5 receipted by the tenant, so all in order there. Today being 04/01/2012, am I right in thinking that the date I must put in the NTQ will be 29 March 2012?

I would also like to serve an AT6 at the earliest opportunity, just in case we need court assistance to get them out. Ground 8 (3 months arrears) is valid already, but I am not certain whether there is any requirement to wait for the NTQ to expire before issuing the AT6?

Many thanks

Sorry all this means nothing to me as the law is so different (as I discovered when buying a property in Scotland some years ago). This is certainly why there are no replies so far. This site helps both Tenants and Landlords and always has but I for one would be guessing if I gave advice and that would be very dangerous! You can easily use the search function to find out what the answer would be under English law.
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
      Sorry all this means nothing to me as the law is so different (as I discovered when buying a property in Scotland some years ago). This is certainly why there are no replies so far. This site helps both Tenants and Landlords and always has but I for one would be guessing if I gave advice and that would be very dangerous! You can easily use the search function to find out what the answer would be under English law.
      I must admit to being a little confused, as to why the Scottish section of the forum is being mooted elsewhere as a new area. The threads appear to date back to 2005, so as a newcomer, that is what I have seen.

Comment

Hi did you ever get anywhere with this one ? I have a simiar situation. I issued an NTQ and a section 33 notice of possesion at end of January and now wish to issue an AT6 ... but unsure if court action can now only proceed 2 months after issue of the AT6. Some sources of info say that an AT6 should accompany an NTQ, others say that where a section 33 repossession notice is issued with an NTQ, the AT6 needn't be issued then . BUT... cant see anything that tells you the period of notice of court action that applies to the AT6 if you have already issued the NTQ & S33 possession notice. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X