This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope of this Forum

This Forum is strictly for questions on Scottish Legal and Rental matters, for Residential or Commercial tenancies.

As our legal knowledge is largely confined to England & Wales, we are actively seeking contributions from those members with Scottish property law expertise, ideally solicitors. Suitable contributors can apply for Topic Expert status giving link-back advertise rights.

The Forum is not available for members to advertise their services or tout for business. Members must remove advertising links from their posts' signature lines or other footers.

All offending threads will be deleted without notice. Anyone wishing to advertise on LandlordZONE should send a private message to Editor or an e-mail to advertising@landlordzone.co.uk
    Last edited by LandlordZONE; 21-10-2010, 17:05 PM.

All existing threads relevant to Scottish law have been moved into this new Forum.
    If members note any others (except in 'TAX LAW' [same throughout UK] and in 'TAKE A BREAK'), please report them and they too will be moved here.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• PRT print out.
      Raine
      Hi, I'm just looking at a PRT contract, constructed via the Scottish website, to be printed and it amounts to 81 pages long. So printing two copies is a long 180+ pages printing session. Is this the norm for the majority of ye guys? Thanks.
      19-07-2018, 14:17 PM
    • Factors
      fixerupper
      My flat is in a block of 8, with 7 owners paying their share of factor's bills. The 8th hasn't paid in years so the factor went to court and got a lein against him. Means that when he sells up, they get their money. Last month (we get monthly bills), the factor shared the bill between 7 owners ie, we...
      12-07-2018, 07:57 AM
    • Reply to Factors
      theartfullodger
      When you wrote to them raising the matter what did you get in reply?

Contact the First Tier Tribunal, start with their website
      12-07-2018, 11:06 AM
    • End of 6 monthly Winter Lets?
      arealhighlander
      With the change at the end of last year to Private Residential Tenancy, does this mean that people will no longer be able to rent their holiday home out for 6 months as a winter let and then kick the tenant back out once tourist season begins again?

We have a lot of holiday homes in NW...
      02-07-2018, 19:08 PM
    • Reply to End of 6 monthly Winter Lets?
      Sandi
      The new PRT does not have an end date.

So you can’t control when the tenancy ends however if you have a person who only wants to stay for six months then there’s no reason why you cannot go ahead you just can’t force them to move if they change their mind and want to stay longer.
      11-07-2018, 10:45 AM
    • Leaving tenant
      rty4858
      Hello,

Hoping somebody can help me with this (I'm the landlord in this scenario):

Tenant A and Tenant B both signed the same SAT agreement, in 2016, to lease a property. This tenancy agreement has never been ended by either the tenants or myself, so has been continuing on...
      10-07-2018, 14:37 PM
    • Reply to Leaving tenant
      rty4858
      Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, as I was writing that post it was making more and more sense to me to leave things just as they are.

Cheers again for the reply.
      10-07-2018, 15:00 PM
    • Reply to Leaving tenant
      theartfullodger
      In theory BOTH A & B would need to give you written authority to end tenancy.

But if you grant a new tenancy (to anyone !) it will no longer be an SaT but a PRT so no option to end the tenancy for no reason, only on grounds.

I'd do nothing. Currently you have two people...
      10-07-2018, 14:46 PM
    • Illegal/fraudalent subletting situation
      Tadeusz1
      Saw an advert on Gumtree.

Was advised I would bhe living with a live in landlord, thereby making me a lodger or "excluded occupier".

I signed a tenancy agreement and applied for housing benefit. Turns out that the gentleman who gave me the tenancy agreement (and which...
      07-07-2018, 09:16 AM
    • Reply to Illegal/fraudalent subletting situation
      theartfullodger
      As it's Scotland any lodger is almost certainly a ”common law tenant" and a Sherrif court decree is needed to evict
      08-07-2018, 15:16 PM
    Working...
    X