Suggestion: new Forum on Scottish law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suggestion: new Forum on Scottish law

    I know this is TaB, but this is a serious question. We are regularly getting questions with regard to LLs and Ts from Scotland. Would it be a good idea to ask the Editor to open a new Forum specifically for those questions and answers? I'm sure there are many LLs Agents and Tenants in Scotland who would like to contribute, we would all learn something from it too.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

  • #2
    Originally posted by jta View Post
    I know this is TaB, but this is a serious question. We are regularly getting questions with regard to LLs and Ts from Scotland. Would it be a good idea to ask the Editor to open a new Forum specifically for those questions and answers? I'm sure there are many LLs Agents and Tenants in Scotland who would like to contribute, we would all learn something from it too.
    A good idea, although it would probably be better if it dealt with all Scottish legal questions otherwise popping-up in the other forums
    (but not about Mars Bars).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

    Comment


    • #3
      That's what I meant Jeffrey, anything pertaining to Scottish property law etc.

      The Laws regarding Martian Drinking Establishments would need yet another forum.
      I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, I'm not just 'anybody else' (or even anybody else), however it seems to me that the forum needs to recruit a Scottish lawyer specialising in housing law, before that particular forum could go live. Does anyone know one who could be persuaded to contribute?
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ericardlussa View Post
          an oxymoron if ever I heard one!
          We have robust, manly names like Craig, Hector, Torquil, Farquhar and Eric up here, none of your effete southern jessie stuff.
          My name is Craig, I am scottish and I am a landlord.. Lets have that scottish forum asap..

          Alas I am no legal eagle, but I have counted a few beans in my time !

          Comment


          • #6
            There seems to be a distinct lack of forums that deal with Scottish law. I have never been able to find one. This site has a section, but no one posts in it much: http://www.swarb.co.uk/phpbb/index.php

            Comment


            • #7
              Suggestion: new Forum on Scottish law

              May I add a suggestion too?

              The site received numerous posts from tenants/landlords with questions that relate to Scottish (& NI) housing law. To avoid confusion for the 88% of us who know only E&W law would it make sense to have a "Scottish Tenancies" forum - quite high up so it is obvious to casual browsers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
                May I add a suggestion too?

                The site received numerous posts from tenants/landlords with questions that relate to Scottish (& NI) housing law. To avoid confusion for the 88% of us who know only E&W law would it make sense to have a "Scottish Tenancies" forum - quite high up so it is obvious to casual browsers?
                We have had this discussion before.

                http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...light=scottish

                Nothing happened.
                I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jta View Post
                  We have had this discussion before.

                  http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...light=scottish

                  Nothing happened.
                  Shame - maybe it should?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
                    Shame - maybe it should?
                    Unless a Scots lawyer with time on his hands puts his head over the parapet, it probably won't, I'm afraid.
                    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Posts suggesting a new Forum on Scottish law have been moved or copied from other threads to here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If there were a Scottish forum with links to related sites
                        http://www.scottishlandlords.com/

                        &

                        http://www.landlordaccreditationscotland.com/

                        &

                        https://www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk

                        - legal firms, letting agents etc...

                        Perhaps someone might make even more money???
                        I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Scotland

                          I know it's been asked before and I've read a few posts regarding requests for a Scotland section for the forum.

                          What do we need to do to make it happen ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cocobean View Post
                            I know it's been asked before and I've read a few posts regarding requests for a Scotland section for the forum.

                            What do we need to do to make it happen ?
                            Be prepared for your post to be merged by the moderators into all the other 'scotland forum' threads.

                            I believe the need is for a scottish law professional to agree to keep an eye on things - On the E&W side of things, I'm pretty sure it's Jeffrey, and maybe LawCruncher.

                            I am not sure I dare say it, but I tried to set up the groundwork for a scottish forum on another site but could not get anyone of a suitable level of expertise to commit to such a thing. Offers of free advertising etc obviously didn't sway our learned colleagues from their fee-earning activities!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cocobean: Snorkerz is right. See previous posts on this topic, on this thread and others.
                              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X