Section 11 Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 11 Notice

I notice on most templates there is a section for the landlord to include details of their solicitor / legal representative.

Question, is it mandatory for the landlord to have a solicitor for this process? I have served the Notice to Quit and intend to apply to FTT, however prior to this I need to submit the Section 11 to my local council. I didn't think (perhaps wrongly) that I needed to engage the services of a solicitor for this process?

It is not mandatory to use a solicitor.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unpaid rent recovery
      by Buntycaws
      Hi folks, just a query about peoples experiences.

Has anyone experienced a tenant non payment of rent, had to evict and actually got the rent money back from the tenant in the end? I don’t have this issue at present but it’s probably the number 1 thing in the back of my mind.
      10-08-2022, 20:22 PM
    • Reply to Unpaid rent recovery
      by Chrisall
      Going through this drama right now! It is slow, painful and expensive. I had a tenant not pay full/ any rent for over 6 months and there was nothing could do about it. Managed to get a Section 21 when restrictions were lifted and eventually she left, leaving not only unpaid rent but thousands worth...
      11-08-2022, 15:17 PM
      by AndrewDod
      It is why you only pick tenants with assets and savings and something significant to lose if sued. If the system did not allow people to continue stealing, there would not be a problem with taking a chance on other people.

If the system for buying cars with loans worked in a way that said...
      11-08-2022, 11:50 AM
      by theartfullodger
      Sometimes, a bit. Getting judgement is the easy bit -. Collecting the ££££ harder in my experience
      Plus thanks to this world -beating government the courts are in an even worse mess...
      11-08-2022, 07:14 AM
    • Reply to Ending Tenancy - return of keys
      by Chester Perry
      As above....screwfix and 5 minutes....
      26-07-2022, 13:06 PM
    • Ending Tenancy - return of keys
      by JohnMcD
      Does a tenant 'have' to return the keys to the agent or landlord, as part of a legal termination, on moving out day? My property is in Scotland, managed by a letting agent. The tenant had confirmed his moving out day in writing at the end of July , but seems to have gone a month beforehand. Thank you...
      10-07-2022, 03:57 AM
      by theartfullodger
      If it's Eurolocks it's a 5 minute screwdriver job.....
      10-07-2022, 16:40 PM
      by JohnMcD
      Agent and myself are minded to let the tenancy expire as agreed in writing at the end of July. I do not expect the keys to be returned,tho obviously I'd prefer that. I'm just so glad he has vacated the property, I don't want to provoke him so that he says he has moved back in etc. And locksmiths will...
      10-07-2022, 13:54 PM
      by theartfullodger
      As (I presume?) tenant's notice (or was it your "notice to leave"??) hasn't expired tenant still has tenancy to end July. In your shoes I'd wait until end July before doing anything - if only to avoid possible argument over illegal eviction etc.

AFAIK no legal rule, agent probably...
      10-07-2022, 10:28 AM
      by JohnMcD
      I shall definitely change the locks. But my agent seems to be emphasising that the tenant must return the keys before I can get access following his moving out date. I haven't found any articles that says this is a set legal rule.
      Thank you....
      10-07-2022, 09:50 AM
    Working...
    X