PAT Test Sticker Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAT Test Sticker Issue

Just moved into a new property which has had an electrical safety test. There's a certificate with all PAT tested items left in the property and signed off. I've had family in helping to clean the kitchen out because it was filthy and I just noticed someone cleaning has accidentally wiped off part of the sticker with the date on it on a couple of appliances. They've just not noticed these were current, there are several expired pat test stickers over the appliances too.

Unfortunately the person doing the testing had placed the stickers quite thoughtlessly at an angle slap bang in the middle of each appliance, which looks awful and really isn't practical for cleaning. I thought stickers were supposed to go on the flex or plug, even if they were just placed more discreetly it would have helped.

Anyway, is it likely I'll be in trouble if I move out in a year and the stickers are partly missing since the expiry dates aren't there? I don't want to have to pay for them to be pat tested again if I can avoid it and we do still have that certificate so I don't know if that helps? Thanks.

There should NOT be a retest date on the label,
    This was changed in the IET guidance years ago to put the onus on the owner (not the electrician) to determine when the retest should be.

Comment

That's interesting, it has the retest date on the certificate and the stickers. Maybe it could be to remind the letting agent rather than the electrician though.

Comment

Do PAT/electrical safety tests need to be done at the start of every tenancy or do they just last a certain time? I'm thinking if we move out before the check expires then they might say the stickers should still be on and any missing ones would need retested?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X