Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    It's broadly the same in Scotland, except (I think) all HMOs have to be licensed.

Two people in a relationship and a friend is three people in two households.
    It's a very difficult combination to rent in both countries as a consequence.

Leave a comment:

• davidmartin_uk
    replied
    same in Scotland just worded a bit differently. You need a house in multiple occupancy (HMO) licence if both of the following apply: you want to rent your property out to 3 or more tenants. none of the tenants are related or part of the same family.

Leave a comment:

• davidmartin_uk
    replied
    In England this would be an HMO. A co habiting couple forms one household. The friend is the second household So that is 2 or more households and 3 or more people. The definition of a House in Multiple Occupation in England is a property occupied by three or more people (including children) who form two or more households.

Leave a comment:

• GregorSinclair
    started a topic HMO Licensing (Scotland)

HMO Licensing (Scotland)

Hello

I am a fairly inexperienced when it comes to HMO licensing and I have a query about some potential tenants:

I have two guys, who have stated they are in a relationship. Themselves and one other mutual friend (unrelated) are planning on living together. I am unsure if this meets the criteria that would mean an HMO is required or if this is considered as two households. I can't find any guidance on cohabiting couples and what their stance is in regards to the number of households.

Any help would be appreciated

Gregor

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X