NTL issued by tenants and good time to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTL issued by tenants and good time to sell?

Our tenants, 4 uni students have issued a NTL for end of April to the property managers, l haven't responded, but have accepted. Because of this, my plans are to try to sell the property ~early May, and buy another property in a desired location, all within 7 weeks. Unrealistic? Just read https://espc.com/covid19 , it seems buying and selling won't be done as swiftly

1. 2 of the 4 tenants have already 'left', meaning my rent will be halved. Remaining 2, who have the full property, have asked about the coronavirus lockdown, saying, 'government have advised not to move properties during this crisis' If government keeps lockdown by end of April the remaining 2 tenants are asking if they will have to vacate or if they could stay in the property, paying their share of the rent, which is half the total since 2 of the 4 tenants have 'left'. The Private Residential Tenancy agreement was for the 4 tenants. Suggestions appreciated

If it was a joint AST why has your rent reduced? Think that is the problem you have created. You could possibly offer to negotiate downwards from the full rent as a mini gift.

Comment

In the current climate I would accept the half rent, or maybe see if you can negotiate a bit more. I'm not sure you'd be able to sell it for market value until the lock down is over.

Comment

University student tenants are on a PRT agreement. none are claiming housing benefit or Universal credit.

Anyone have suggestions with what to do to the remaining two tenants, who have the whole 4br flat? the PRT agreement is for all 4 tenants paying the total rent, now only half received as two have 'left'. could l even verify this by asking the property agent? l could insist remaining 2 leave as they had given NTL for 30 April. But believe there will be problems selling the flat with this coronvirus.
        suggestions appreciated

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X