help needed with first tier tribunal -anyone had to do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed with first tier tribunal -anyone had to do it

I have given a tenant notice to leave because we need to sell the property. they want to wait till the council considers them homeless which means going through the first tier tribunal. I have to put a form into the council and it seems quite confusing. It has to go in before I apply to the tribunal yet it asks the date of the start of proceedings and asks which court the proceedings were raised in. Obviously they were not raised in any court. There is a box to tick if it has gone to the tribunal but again it cant go till I have done the form. Also have to show proof that the house is on the market yet it does not have to go on till up to 3 months after the tenant goes and in fact the agent will not take it on till the house is vacant. I can get round this as I have had a home report done which will suffice but it still doesn't make any sense. Has anyone got any knowledge of this stage and also can anyone tell me how it works once the application has gone in. I know I can't do it till the notice to leave date which means I still have a few weeks. I may well be away at the time so might have to do a telephone conference which I understand is ok. I am finding it very stressful and not at all straightforward so any help gratefully received.

You have to wait until the notice expires, you may have to allow a period for service of notice
    If you posted the notice through the door it is deemed served there and then, if you mail or email it you have to allow 2 further days for service

You should also give the tenant prescribed info when you send a notice to leave

Comment

I have done the notice to leave. What is the prescribed info

Comment

It's on the notice to leave if you used the Scot Gov forms
        You will have to apply to the tribunal as well once the notice expires

Comment

I have no idea then, I followed what the form said and did not see anything else I had to give the tenants. I know I have to apply to the tribunal. This is the bit I am not sure of getting right

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X