Lease - a correct one or in breech of core rights and obligations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease - a correct one or in breech of core rights and obligations?

Dear members,

A new landlord put forward a lease which I signed weeks ago, yet I think it is not in line with a Private Residential Tenancy Agreement for Scotland:

1. The lease contains the start date but also contains an end date (as far as I know, since 2017 all tenancies should be open-ended?)

2. The lease does neither contain the landlord's registration number nor the address of the abode nor the email nor the phone number.

3. The lease is for a room, yet the landlord insists (verbally) the tenant is liable for the bills and the Council Tax (no mention in the lease about it either way).

4. The flat's all rooms, including living room, have lockers, landlord keeps one room locked for himself, he insists he won't be staying in the property but only sporadically 'pop in' or for Christmas/Easter, or when needed. He also insists on access to a locked-door storage space in my room 'if needed'. There is nothing about it in the lease and makes me confused - what are my rights in this regard. Also, Am I a tenant, a lodger or something else?

5. The lease has an amount to be paid combined together with other utility costs, instead just the rent itself? Also, neither "pay by week/month" is underscored/crossed out. Should I pay weekly or monthly or it doesn't matter?

6. Landlord didn't provide Residential Tenancy Statutory Terms Supporting Notes nor mentioned it.

In summary, is the tenancy as such valid at all?

Any help would be great, thanks!

k.

Call your local council.
    They will have a private rented sector office / department

Comment

Would be a good idea, if it was possible to get through to speak to someone over the phone...

Comment

Originally posted by ksbms View Post
        Would be a good idea, if it was possible to get through to speak to someone over the phone...
        You must be in Glasgow (or similar big city), I am in East Ayrshire and can dial the department direct.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X