Landlord Registration fees increasing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boletus
    replied
    Sums it up nicely;

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/19482...nded-a-failure

“This farcical programme, introduced with the best of intentions, is failing to deliver at a tremendous cost to the taxpayer”

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Oooppppsssss should read £110 for 3 years....

And me with a degree in sums...

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    started a topic Landlord Registration fees increasing...

Landlord Registration fees increasing...

SaL inform me that...
    Landlord registration: fee increase

Following a public consultation which took place in spring 2018, legislation has been published to increase the fees payable for landlord registration.

The principal fee will increase from £55 to £65, the property fee from £11 to £15 and the additional fee (payable for late registrations after two reminders have been sent to the landlord by the local authority) from £110 to £130. The new fees apply from 11 June 2019.

This is the first increase which has taken place since the landlord registration requirement was introduced 13 years ago. From 2020 the above fees will automatically increase on 1 April each year in line with CPI.
    i.e. £65 for each council area plus £15/property for 3 years. So for me, 3 properties, £95 for 3 years registration.

- and that fees for late application go up from £100 to £130.

English landlords in mandatory licensing areas may need a wee dram to calm down...

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Windows
    by AndrewDod
    So arbitrary make-it-up-as-you-go law in other words.

Scotland is a bit like North Korea I guess....
    27-11-2020, 21:30 PM
  • Windows
    by annathomo
    Hi,
    I wonder if you can help. I rent a private property in Edinburgh and I moved in last August. When I viewed the property the double glazing units in the bedrooms had blown and I was assured they would be fixed prior to move in. I since moved in and didn’t view the property again and the units...
    27-11-2020, 11:24 AM
  • Reply to Windows
    by theartfullodger
    The FTT makes it's own mind up, based on evidence. There appear to be multiple blown units, an agent who's been asked multiple times and lack of communication. I'd see what FTT decide.

But possibly likely landlord will take action to fix to avoid FTT.

But, I am not a lawyer....
    27-11-2020, 20:16 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by AndrewDod
    And that says you can't have a blown double glazed window for any period of time?

That would make no sense at all - unless it is a single massive window it makes no sense to replace individual panes instead of batching them once every year or two. But maybe tenants in Scotland pay a lot...
    27-11-2020, 16:55 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by theartfullodger
    There is a formal repairing standard in Scotland, different from England. Certainly FTT a good move.

Lodger not Dodger, I don't dodge.
    27-11-2020, 16:01 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by AndrewDod
    Not sure what Shelter have advised -- but there is not an absolute repairing obligation to keep every window with non-blown double glazing at all times. Just as there is not really a direct obligation to have double glazing at all (EPC dependent). So unless you have some sort of agreement in writing...
    27-11-2020, 14:30 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by annathomo
    And thanks artful dodger - I will write to the landlord directly.
    27-11-2020, 13:22 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by annathomo
    Thanks both. I spoke to Shelter and they advised to submit a first tier tribunal application as we have submitted the request so many times and they have had plenty of time. I will send a letter letting them know of this though. The contract is a private residential tenancy agreement....
    27-11-2020, 13:21 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by AndrewDod
    Assured in writing and contractually agreed?
    27-11-2020, 12:39 PM
  • Reply to Windows
    by theartfullodger
    Check shelter Scotland website for guidance, if still unsure 'phone them 0808 800 4444

Write (yes, write/email, keep copy, copy agent) to landlord (yes landlord) detailing repair issues, calm and polite.
    27-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Working...
X