GSC failed flue in loft doesnt have clips??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC failed flue in loft doesnt have clips??

I find this really annoying Worcester Boiler installed 5 years ago just failed the gas safety check as it didnt have the worcester support clips every 1m then screws to some wood.

They wanted to charge 100+vat.

Parts 2x 9.35+vat and a bit of word £2 - lot cheaper.

Most annoying thing the pipe is solid makes you wonder if they've got nothing better todo!

Originally posted by fingersuk View Post
    Most annoying thing the pipe is solid makes you wonder if they've got nothing better todo!
    Them damn Gas Fitters, complying with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations! just a pity the original gas fitters didnt do the same.

Comment

I'll be honest the pipe is completely solid no movement has a clip at the top and the bottom. It's not budging unless someone untennsionally wants to move it.

I was told that is a new thing this year by the local company, so all due rest as its 5 years ago it was installed they would have only had to comply with regulations then. I've goggled and can only find the regulation about the inspection window which is not needed as its in my loft. This was my main reason for posting but probably not clear from my first post.

I've just gone and got the parts and intend to make it solid, just annoying they are forcing my hand so to speak as its safe.

Comment

My gas guy was inspected by the higher powers and he was picked up on this very thing. Like yours; the flue was not going to budge it just didnt have all the clips.

The inspector still said the system was safe but installation 'not to current standards'
        All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
          daxu
          Hi,
          I have a one bed flat that is let out at the moment. I asked an electrician to change the fusebox to a consumer unit and asked him for a cost of changing my battery smoke alarm to a main conntected one.

What he told me is that I need two alarms, one smoke alarm and one heat alarm...
          21-07-2017, 10:02 AM
        • Reply to what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
          tatemono
          on a side note... I'd be a rich man if I had a quid for every time a builder has mentioned CO2 detectors.
          24-07-2017, 09:06 AM
          MrShed
          The law is pedantic, and therefore so should we be ...
          24-07-2017, 08:33 AM
          leaseholder64
          Agreed. My use of open flue was wrong. The theory of the legislation is that the annual inspection and the well controlled nature of the fuel should mean that a problem is detected before it becomes dangerous, but there is no inspection regime for solid fuel.
          23-07-2017, 22:57 PM
          jjlandlord
          Not to be pedantic but CO alarms are required in rooms where there is a solid-fuel appliance. So an open gas fire would not require one.
          23-07-2017, 22:40 PM
          Stef Cooke
          Is this becoming 'a thing'?

I have had a run in with a, well, I don't know what he was, to be honest! Not an electrician, not a surveyor.. his card said something like "Property Inspection and Surveys" - so had assumed he was a clerk with some of the other possible certs added...
          23-07-2017, 14:20 PM
        • CP12 Question
          rfph1
          Sorry if this has been asked before, and sorry for posting rather than waiting to see what happens !

I have just had my gas appliances serviced, and safety inspection carried out (for a landlords gas safety certificate - CP12).

There was a fault which the engineer classified...
          20-07-2017, 22:13 PM
        • Reply to CP12 Question
          MrShed
          Just for interest - I once had a (personal, not BTL) house where there was a smell of gas near the meter. Called the gas company, instructed (obviously) to turn the gas off at the meter - smell continued.

Was told to leave the property IMMEDIATELY and they had someone there within 15 minutes....
          21-07-2017, 15:45 PM
          mariner
          Don't 'think', do your own research. FB is a good place to start.

Battery operated alarms are fine for a non-HMO unless Council Registration is poss required. Suggest LL replaces batt alarms every 3 years, as detectors deteriorate. Mains powered alarms should replaced every 10 years...
          21-07-2017, 15:18 PM
          daxu
          Many thanks, I think you guys are right
          21-07-2017, 11:34 AM
        Working...
        X