Reliable Electrician in London? - i'm new please help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable Electrician in London? - i'm new please help :)

Hi all,

I have been an avid reader of this website for a while and have read lots of threads for information but have only recenly signed up as an "official" member I highly appreciate the contributions of senior members helping out.

Anyway, I am a new landlord and have bought a 3 bed terraced house on a BTL mortgage. The property was built in 1910 and the current owners bought it in 1995 or so. I don't think there has been any re-wiring done to the place as he barely lived there himself. So as a landlord, I understand that although it is not a legal requirement to have an electrical safety certificate, we still have a responsibility to ensure the safety of the property for tenants.

I believe I need to undergo an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR aka PIR previously) to check for problems with existing wiring and installations. Worst case scenario is I may need a full re-wire which I am hoping that is not the case (fingers crossed.)

So my questions are:
    1. Can anyone recommend a reliable Electrician who is honest and competent?
    2. How long does a full re-wire normally take? ps. just a very ballpark estimate on timescales for a 3 bed terraced property as I'm quite aware it will vary

Many thanks in advanced guys! Much appreciated.

- Alan

Edit: House is in East London =)

Where in East London? North or South of the river?

If done 'properly' then two - three weeks work to re-wire and make good.

I can recommend a couple of guys who can do the EICR but need to know where the house is.

Alternatively you could try the BNI website for local chapters to the property. It won't be a direct recomendation but an established member should be reliable.
    There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Thanks for your reply mk1fan.

It's north of the river, post code is E13 (Upton Park area).

If you can recommend someone reliable that preferably maybe you've used before or something then that would be great

Thank you.

- Alan

Comment

You can try;

Gary May of Get Connected - 07778 427231 or 01737 370869 but Upton Park maybe a bit far for him to go.

or

Mariusz (Muris) of Smart Solutions on 07977 297149.

My name is Stewart.
        There is always scope for misinterpretation.

If my posts can be interpreted in two ways, one that makes you feel angry and one that doesn't, I meant the latter.

Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

Comment

Thanks Stewart.

I will give them a ring tomorrow to enquire about prices. I will most likely try Smart Solutions first as they are based in Fulham which is closer. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewabbit View Post
            The property was built in 1910 and the current owners bought it in 1995 or so. I don't think there has been any re-wiring done to the place as he barely lived there himself.
            Do you mean there has been no rewiring done since 1910 or 1995? If it's the former, you will almost certainly need it rewiring, in fact, definitely. If it's the latter, you may not. As already stated, two to three weeks is a fair margin for a good rewire and take particular note of the price...if it appears too cheap, it will be so for a reason. And also make sure your electrician is registered.
            Ohm sweet Ohm

Comment

Thanks for your reply Horsepig.

To be honest, I'm not sure if he's re-wired it during his time at the property... Let's hope he did!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X