Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas boiler regulations

Hi there,
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere - in the flat we let we have an 8yr old gas combi boiler in the bedroom. We've just been told that regulations require this to be boxed in.

I can't find anything about this on the web and while I wouldn't mind it's going to be a real pain to do because of the position.
    Does anyone know if this is true? Could it be the pipes that they mean or does the whole thing need boxing in? As it's on an external wall I don't think it can be anything to do with the flue.

Thanks very much for any help.
    Cheers.

No insult meant, but are you sure you have understood properly what has been said to you?

There are no rules requiring boilers to be installed in compartments in bedrooms.

Assuming your boiler is a modern room-sealed one (you say it is 8 years old) then it can be installed in a bedroom as long as the installation complies with the normal gas safety rules (i.e. the flue outlet is not too close to a window back into the room etc).

There are rules about older open flued boilers in bedrooms, but this relates to the ventilation of the room itself, not to compulsorily installing them in compartments.

Whatever you have been told, get it put in writing then post it here and I'm sure the members will respond.

Comment

Thanks for that dryasabone.
      No offence taken at all - it is what I've been told but I wasn't sure so it's nice to hear what you think too. I'm trying to get more information and will post it if/when I do. Be interesting to hear what they say ...
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X