Gas Safety Certificate - what is included? PIR (EIC) Electrical Reports - how often?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Safety Certificate - what is included? PIR (EIC) Electrical Reports - how often?

I need to get one of these done and wondered what they include? Is it just a 'check' or would it also include some kind of servicing as well? Also are they

Also, with the Electrical Reports how often are they needed? Is this the thing that needs doing every 5 years or is that something else I may have got it confused with?

Thanks

Originally posted by darcey View Post

Also, with the Electrical Reports how often are they needed? Is this the thing that needs doing every 5 years or is that something else I may have got it confused with?

Thanks
    As far as the electrical report goes, you are not legally obliged to have it done unless your house is a HMO. But your obligations under the law still have to be met and you still have a duty of care to ensure the electrical system is safe. If you do have one done, it will be the new EICR (not PIR), and for a rented property it should cover either a five year period or to the next tenant change, whichever comes first.
    Ohm sweet Ohm

Comment

Think of a gas safety certificate (CP12) as an MOT test for a property's gas appliances, gas meter and pipework.

The gas safety certificate relates only to the condition of the gas installation and connected appliances at the time the certificate is completed.

Just as you should get your car serviced regularly, irrespective of the MOT certificate, so should you get gas appliances serviced too.

Although servicing gas appliances is a separate job to the CP12, as a number of the checks involved in a gas safety inspection are also part of an appliance service (gas consumption rate, burner pressure, visual inspection of condition, etc), many gas engineers will quote a reduced price for servicing appliances at the same time as doing the safety inspection.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X