• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fence at bottom of garden.

Hi all,

My first post

I have a question.

At the bottom of my garden there is no fence, it goes directly into a relatively steep drop which is wooden and ends up at a small river.

I am planning on letting out the property, what risks would the above bring and what are my legal obligations with regards to tenant safety?

I know my moral obligations but I am also wondering about my legal obligations, for example if new tenants have small children.

Does anyone have any links to relevant legal information?

Thanks in advance for reading.
    Barry

You have no legal obligation to provide a fence if one has never existed there (the property can be let 'as seen') but you would much improve your chances of getting tenants (esp. a family) if you did fence the garden off safely.

It wouldn't be something I'd hum and hah about,personally - I'djust do it. With a lockable gate, so the Ts could still have access to the stream if they wished.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X