X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Baird
    replied
    Originally posted by Banger View Post
    Property 1 - Custom built 1995 block of 4 flats over 2 floors, all rented.
    Mains powered smoke alarms in flats, not an interconnected system.

Property 2 - Custom built 1971 block of 6 flats over 3 floors, 4 rented, 2 owner occupied.
    Individual alarms in flats.

Property 3 - Victorian house converted (80s) into self contained studio and 1 bed flats, all rented. All walls, ceilings, floors and doors upgraded to regulation fire breaks.
    Fully integrated fire alarm system and call points in flats, fire extinguishers on landings and hallway.

Property 4 - Victorian farmhouse let as a whole to 1 guy
    Individual alarms in house. Do i need a risk assessment on this as there are no communal areas?

Many thanks in advance, I've been through all 147 pages of the risk assessment guide but to no avail.

Banger
    Hi Banger, I think it would be best to talk this through with you so please contact me. For the benefit of the forum the basic advice is below:

Property 1 - Seems fine, generally if the flats are purpose built after 1991 a common detection system is not required. A fire risk assessment is required of the common areas.

Property 2 - Could be the same as the above but given it is 1971 the compartmentation would need to be checked. The FRA would determine if you need a common detection system. (if done properly!)

Property 3 - Sounds ok in terms of alarm and compartmentation but I would not recommend any extinguishers where persons are not trained in their use and generally are not required in residential property.

Property 4 - Single private dwelling, the fire safety order does not apply but the Housing Act 2004 may.

Leave a comment:

• Banger
    started a topic Fire risk assessment requirements??? confused

Fire risk assessment requirements??? confused

I'm after some help re fire risk assessments, I've got 4 places and am unsure of how to fulfil my obligations.

I need fire risk assessments on the communal areas, but what about the individual flats? do i need risk assessments on them? surely cookers would always provide fire risks as they have heat sources and ventilation from extractors.

I've got varying fire alarm measures in place and was wondering if they were sufficient. I spoke to my local fire service and they weren't able to give me an answer other than "it depends on your risk assessment". Any thoughts you have much appreciatted.

Property 1 - Custom built 1995 block of 4 flats over 2 floors, all rented.
    Mains powered smoke alarms in flats, not an interconnected system.

Property 2 - Custom built 1971 block of 6 flats over 3 floors, 4 rented, 2 owner occupied.
    Individual alarms in flats.

Property 3 - Victorian house converted (80s) into self contained studio and 1 bed flats, all rented. All walls, ceilings, floors and doors upgraded to regulation fire breaks.
    Fully integrated fire alarm system and call points in flats, fire extinguishers on landings and hallway.

Property 4 - Victorian farmhouse let as a whole to 1 guy
    Individual alarms in house. Do i need a risk assessment on this as there are no communal areas?

Many thanks in advance, I've been through all 147 pages of the risk assessment guide but to no avail.

Banger

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X