Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas safety certificate

Hi all
    I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
    Many thanks for your help
    Rob

whereabouts in SE London .. anywhere near the Kent border?

Originally posted by rob77
    Hi all
    I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
    Rob
    Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

more camberwell area actually . . .

Comment

Sorry ... then no I don't know anyone .. my guy regularly does Bexleyheath/Woolwich but he won't go as far in as Camberwell ...

more camberwell area actually . . .
        Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/default.asp

Do a search for a gas heating engineer on the flat's post code and ring them up, offering lots of money. You will soon find someone (if you offer them enough to get off their backside)

Comment

Hi all
            Rob
            cant recommend anyone but price wise, the corgi man that has done mine for many years charges £40 for each one although i have been quoted £200 - each but london prices are no doubt much higher
            Opinions given are mine, They are not necessarily correct, as the more I learn the less I know, You should always seek professional help.

Comment

I know someone who does them. I'll try to contact him later and let you know. Mine's due soon and I think it was £100 last year.

Comment

To all landlords: Don’t forget to check that the engineer is currently registered by CORGI. You can do this by asking the engineer for their number and then punch it into the Check Installer Registration website.

Comment

Just spoken to him. PM me your email address if you want him to do it.

Comment

I have a gas service contract with British Gas and they service the boiler and hob (the only gas appliances in the property) once a year, have 365 days a year callout if anything goes wrong with the boiler or central heating, and issur my Landlords' Safety Certificate for around £295 p.a. and you can pay monthly.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Fire Report Assessments
                      Sophie178
                      We are two Victorian houses converted back in 1974 into 7 flats (4 flats share the same entrance and communal area whilst the remaining 3 have their own separate entrances and have no access to the communal area).

We have had a FRA carried out in which they state we need to:
                      1. Fit all
                      15-01-2018, 14:43 PM
                    • Reply to Fire Report Assessments
                      leaseholder64
                      I think that the OP was confused by the date of the regulatory reform order (passed in 2005, although I think not live until 2006).

What that did was to make people liable for the fire safety of blocks; it didn't introduce any new standards for fire safety.

If the block is...
                      16-01-2018, 00:09 AM
                      Fire Risk Assessor
                      Seems to be some confusion on dates. Properties converted prior to the updating of Building Regulations in 1991 (introduced in June 92) would be classed as a conversion. We can't be sure of the standard of fire resistance, therefore we provide a detection system and full evacuation, as stated. The...
                      15-01-2018, 23:34 PM
                      leaseholder64
                      Every block of flats with communal areas, even if built after the introduction of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order, must comply with it, not just those that pre-date it. Ones built after, or soon before, it are unlikely to require remedial work, unless some of the assumptions in the original...
                      15-01-2018, 18:06 PM
                      Sophie178
                      Many thanks Leaseholder64. So in other words every block of flats built or house conversions in the UK prior to 2005 have to have these regulations? Regrettably, our Managing agent only carried it out in 2016 but as of yet has not yet implemented any of it despite the directors of the Freehold authorising...
                      15-01-2018, 16:02 PM
                      leaseholder64
                      All look reasonable.

Planning permission is irrelevant.

Fire safety law takes precedence over the original planning consents, although you will generally not be required to bring things up to current building control standards, unless you replace them..

You are...
                      15-01-2018, 15:28 PM
                    • Fire Door Regualtions
                      C Lewis
                      I'm converting a 3 storey house into 3 flats, the entrance to each is on a shared staircase inside the house, so technically they are internal doors.

Each flat is fitted with an FD30 and locks with a fire rated thumb turn lock. I would like to offer the tenants the additional security of...
                      15-01-2018, 11:29 AM
                    • Reply to Fire Door Regualtions
                      leaseholder64
                      Also, any rules about chains or thumb turns would likely be the same as those for doors opening onto a safe part of the outside world.
                      15-01-2018, 12:10 PM
                      C Lewis
                      Thanks for the advice.
                      15-01-2018, 12:05 PM
                      leaseholder64
                      The guidelines (there are no specific regulations) require fire rated closers. As they only cost about £20, that should not be a hardship. However do not use Gibraltar type or the cheaper Perko ones, as they are not suitable for fire use. Fire rating imposes conditions on both strength and survival...
                      15-01-2018, 11:49 AM
                    Working...
                    X