Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas safety certificate

Hi all
    I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
    Many thanks for your help
    Rob

whereabouts in SE London .. anywhere near the Kent border?

Originally posted by rob77
    Hi all
    I need to get a gas safety inspection done on a flat I own in SE London but am having real problems finding a company who will deal with a single property. Can anybody recommend anybody at all? And let me know what is a fair price for this?
    Rob
    Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

more camberwell area actually . . .

Comment

Sorry ... then no I don't know anyone .. my guy regularly does Bexleyheath/Woolwich but he won't go as far in as Camberwell ...

more camberwell area actually . . .
        Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/default.asp

Do a search for a gas heating engineer on the flat's post code and ring them up, offering lots of money. You will soon find someone (if you offer them enough to get off their backside)

Comment

Hi all
            Rob
            cant recommend anyone but price wise, the corgi man that has done mine for many years charges £40 for each one although i have been quoted £200 - each but london prices are no doubt much higher
            Opinions given are mine, They are not necessarily correct, as the more I learn the less I know, You should always seek professional help.

Comment

I know someone who does them. I'll try to contact him later and let you know. Mine's due soon and I think it was £100 last year.

Comment

To all landlords: Don’t forget to check that the engineer is currently registered by CORGI. You can do this by asking the engineer for their number and then punch it into the Check Installer Registration website.

Comment

Just spoken to him. PM me your email address if you want him to do it.

Comment

I have a gas service contract with British Gas and they service the boiler and hob (the only gas appliances in the property) once a year, have 365 days a year callout if anything goes wrong with the boiler or central heating, and issur my Landlords' Safety Certificate for around £295 p.a. and you can pay monthly.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
                      daxu
                      Hi,
                      I have a one bed flat that is let out at the moment. I asked an electrician to change the fusebox to a consumer unit and asked him for a cost of changing my battery smoke alarm to a main conntected one.

What he told me is that I need two alarms, one smoke alarm and one heat alarm...
                      21-07-2017, 10:02 AM
                    • Reply to what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
                      tatemono
                      on a side note... I'd be a rich man if I had a quid for every time a builder has mentioned CO2 detectors.
                      24-07-2017, 09:06 AM
                      MrShed
                      The law is pedantic, and therefore so should we be ...
                      24-07-2017, 08:33 AM
                      leaseholder64
                      Agreed. My use of open flue was wrong. The theory of the legislation is that the annual inspection and the well controlled nature of the fuel should mean that a problem is detected before it becomes dangerous, but there is no inspection regime for solid fuel.
                      23-07-2017, 22:57 PM
                      jjlandlord
                      Not to be pedantic but CO alarms are required in rooms where there is a solid-fuel appliance. So an open gas fire would not require one.
                      23-07-2017, 22:40 PM
                      Stef Cooke
                      Is this becoming 'a thing'?

I have had a run in with a, well, I don't know what he was, to be honest! Not an electrician, not a surveyor.. his card said something like "Property Inspection and Surveys" - so had assumed he was a clerk with some of the other possible certs added...
                      23-07-2017, 14:20 PM
                    • CP12 Question
                      rfph1
                      Sorry if this has been asked before, and sorry for posting rather than waiting to see what happens !

I have just had my gas appliances serviced, and safety inspection carried out (for a landlords gas safety certificate - CP12).

There was a fault which the engineer classified...
                      20-07-2017, 22:13 PM
                    • Reply to CP12 Question
                      MrShed
                      Just for interest - I once had a (personal, not BTL) house where there was a smell of gas near the meter. Called the gas company, instructed (obviously) to turn the gas off at the meter - smell continued.

Was told to leave the property IMMEDIATELY and they had someone there within 15 minutes....
                      21-07-2017, 15:45 PM
                      mariner
                      Don't 'think', do your own research. FB is a good place to start.

Battery operated alarms are fine for a non-HMO unless Council Registration is poss required. Suggest LL replaces batt alarms every 3 years, as detectors deteriorate. Mains powered alarms should replaced every 10 years...
                      21-07-2017, 15:18 PM
                      daxu
                      Many thanks, I think you guys are right
                      21-07-2017, 11:34 AM
                    Working...
                    X