Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaining about Gas safety certificates Retrospectively

Hi Folks ,

great site here , alot of my smouldering questions have already been asked and answered.

I have an question regarding complaints about gas safety certificates, is it possible to complain about an absent gas safety certificate (during the tennancy) after the tennancy is over. I am guessing not as i should have done it at the time !! which i am annoyed about now , but since it was my first leasing i wasn't so clued up , however it took me nearly 6 weeks to badger my landlord in to getting a gas safety certificate.

If anyone can confirm this for me i would be very greatful.

Regards

Nick

I don't think you can sue her for breach of contract now the contract has ended but I think you should tell your LL that you are horrified to discover that she compromised your safety for all that time and that to protect future tenants she should get a CP12 (gas safety certificate) immediately, otherwise you will be obliged to inform the EHO at the council - it is a criminal offence not to have a gas safety check done and certificate produced, annually.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X