Safety Risk Assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Legion View Post
    Oh no not another one . I may also need a risk assessnment for boiling the kettle!
    You started it !
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

    * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * *

    You can search the forums here:

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bel View Post
      And dont forget the legionella risk assessment; to which I am certain 95% of agents do not do as they dont mention it in their landlord packs (whereas they do for gas safety etc)
      And don't forget the 'dead mice under the floorboards' check.

      And the anthrax spore check if any part of the construction involves horsehair (e.g. old lath and plaster).

      And the psitticosis check if anyone keeps pigeons within one mile of the property.

      And the Bubonic Plague check if there has ever been rat activity in or near the property.

      And the 'keel over and die' check if students have been using the fridge.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

      Comment


      • #18
        Risk assessments and claims

        My tiny contribution. When I was working as a claims manager across a range of many firms of solicitors, if it was discovered, as it sometimes was, that a timely risk assessment had been conducted by the defendant prior to an incident and fair and reasonable steps taken to mitigate any perceived danger, then the claim in every such case was simply dropped. "Such reasonable steps" were often simply to include those in the vicinity of such a hazard that it might exist and have them sign to acknowledge this fact!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          And don't forget the 'dead mice under the floorboards' check.

          Please check if mice were actually previous tenant's pets as you would need to contact T to give them a chance to reclaim before disposal.




          In the case of any doubt, I am serious about the legionaires disease risk assessment. Details on LLzone.
          All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

          * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * *

          You can search the forums here:

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bel View Post
            Please check if mice were actually previous tenant's pets as you would need to contact T to give them a chance to reclaim before disposal.




            In the case of any doubt, I am serious about the legionaires disease risk assessment. Details on LLzone.
            Absolutely. In a civilised society every dead mouse deserves a decent burial.

            And Bel is dead right about the Legionnaire's check, too.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mrs Jones View Post
              well you might burn your fingers......
              ALL of life is a risk and when we first burnt our hands as kids, for example, by putting our hands in a lit fireplace, over the gas hob when it was on or by lighting matches, we quickly learned not to do it again and to be wary of the these dangers forever more.

              For those adults reading this who haven't yet learned that boiling water can burn your skin, well, that's where Darwin's wonderful law of evolution comes into play, playing its wonderful role in ridding us of boneheads.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by cmbhappy View Post
                My tiny contribution. When I was working as a claims manager across a range of many firms of solicitors, if it was discovered, as it sometimes was, that a timely risk assessment had been conducted by the defendant prior to an incident and fair and reasonable steps taken to mitigate any perceived danger, then the claim in every such case was simply dropped. "Such reasonable steps" were often simply to include those in the vicinity of such a hazard that it might exist and have them sign to acknowledge this fact!
                Interesting, thank you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Posts abusive of members have been deleted and will not be tolerated.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SEB View Post
                    ALL of life is a risk and when we first burnt our hands as kids, for example, by putting our hands in a lit fireplace, over the gas hob when it was on or by lighting matches, we quickly learned not to do it again and to be wary of the these dangers forever more.

                    For those adults reading this who haven't yet learned that boiling water can burn your skin, well, that's where Darwin's wonderful law of evolution comes into play, playing its wonderful role in ridding us of boneheads.
                    To SEB - it was a joke........ you know ..... tongue in cheek.....
                    Mrs Jones
                    I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Safe assessment: you're only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off.
                      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

                      Comment

                      Latest Activity

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X