Carbon Monoxide detectors, England.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common sense also applies - if there's a release of carbon dioxide would there be a problem?

In a hallway, probably no - no one's likely to succumb to CO poisoning while oblivious to its effects.
    People die from CO poisoning falling asleep sitting down or lying down.

In a loft, it probably depends where the CO would flow, it being heavier than air.

You don't need hardwired alarms unless it's an HMO.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      Common sense also applies - if there's a release of carbon dioxide would there be a problem?
      Obviously not, unless it's in very large quantities ;-)
      In a hallway, probably no - no one's likely to succumb to CO poisoning while oblivious to its effects.
      People die from CO poisoning falling asleep sitting down or lying down.
      But the alarm will still be audible from someone in the next room - it makes sense to have the detector in the same room as the appliance as that is where the highest concentration will be.

In a loft, it probably depends where the CO would flow, it being heavier than air.
      It isn't - it will tend to diffuse more than settle. Unless you are talking about CO2 again!

"Because carbon monoxide is slightly lighter than air and also because it may be found with warm, rising air, detectors should be placed on a wall about 5 feet above the floor. "

Comment

You're right - brain fart!
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X