X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section20z
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    I'm sure they would put them up if they knew a negligence claim was coming their way.
    As long as any issues in the H&S report have been addressed they have no need to tend to one tenant's request

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    I'm sure they would put them up if they knew a negligence claim was coming their way.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    prs26,

Indeed, probably best state how many people have been killed or seriously injured in all those years to explain why a handrail is suddenly essential

Leave a comment:

• prs26
    replied
    I have spoken to the council and apparently because the flats were built years ago and no action has been taken in the last 2 years we can't use these regulations to enforce the putting up of a handrail now. As some of the residents are elderly I think we have to argue health and safety as the alternative unless there is any other way?

Leave a comment:

• prs26
    replied
    Thank you that's very much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...93/2077370.pdf

Part K of the Building Regulations - Protection from falling, collision and impact

Leave a comment:

• prs26
    replied
    Fantastic! Thank you so much. Do you know the legislation/regulation for this so I can quote it to those concerned, please?

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    Handrails are mandatory. Stairs should have a handrail on at least one side if they are less than one metre wide, and on both sides if wider than this. Handrails should be placed between 900mm and 1000mm above the highest point on the staircase steps.

Leave a comment:

• prs26
    started a topic Is a handrail required?

Is a handrail required?

I am writing to ask if a handrail is required by any law/regulation for a wide flight of three marble stairs, each about 14cm in height well spaced apart and each with a doormat inset into the centre, which go up to the front entrance door of a residential block of 4 flats. Thank you.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X