EICR: charge per fuse board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EICR: charge per fuse board?

Hoping someone can give me a bit of insight about this one. I require an EICR for a small 2 bed flat built in 2000. It has storage heaters and a separate (smaller) fuse board for the storage heaters than for the rest of the circuits. Originally, I was quoted 150bgp +vat to do an EICR, but having sent them a photo of the fuse board/s the electrician is now saying there will be a further 80gbp +vat charge for the 2nd board. Does this sound correct? Sounds a lot for the size of the property.

My costs are similar, I charge a base price based on a single consumer unit and add more for additional consumer units.

Comment

Ha. I bet they find some work needed for that money.
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Well, irrespective of the costs, VAT is going to add up

How many circuits in total? The size of the property isn't that important - I recently did an EICR on a small 1 bed flat with 14 circuits.

Maybe get more quotes and see if you can locate somebody who isn't VAT registered. Not all of us are!

Comment

I pay my sparks 300 per EICR!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernDave View Post
            I pay my sparks 300 per EICR!
            that’s a pointless number without information on where in the U.K. , the sizes of the properties, the number of fuseboards and the number of circuits

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post

that’s a pointless number without information on where in the U.K. , the sizes of the properties, the number of fuseboards and the number of circuits
              Its in kent, it’s just what they charge per property! I guess we win on some and lose on others!

Comment

Its in kent, it’s just what they charge per property! I guess we win on some and lose on others!
                At those prices I think they must in on about 95% of properties.

Comment

At those prices I think they must in on about 95% of properties.
                  Interesting… what do you pay then?

Comment

I last paid £125 per property. 3 Bed bungalows. Max 7 circuits all RCBO's. In Wales. Had 3 booked at the same time on different days so probably did a deal. This was all done last June.

Electrician found 2 faults. One was a faulty double socket, charged me £7.50 to change. It was a brushed steel socket so not a cheap white plastic one. Second fault was an RCBO. Charged £65 to change. All including parts and going to get them.

The RCBO alone would have cost me £35 so I can not fault his standard of work.

Also recommended additional sockets in one property but it wasn't a fail. He also wasn't trying to create work. I didn't get them done.

Comment

Interesting… what do you pay then?
                      I’m a spark !

Comment

I’m a spark !

Sounds like you need to put your prices up then!

Comment

I am paying £125 - 150 in the midlands for an EICR.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X