Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query on an EICR

Hi folks,
    Has anybody come across an EICR that has been signed off as satisfactory, but with code 2 item listed on page 2?
    also obvious errors elsewhere in the document on identification of circuits.
    does this mean the certificate is invalid?
    happy to share more details via PM if needed. Cheers

Any EICR with a C1 or a C2 can not be satisfactory

what is coded C2 ?

you should question the person that did it in writing

Comment

Having reviewed the EICR and the photo of the fuseboard I think it’s fair to say the EICR is very poor , in fact it’s inaccurate and as such I think you should get another one done

probably not what you want to hear, but that’s my honest opinion

Comment

Thanks Neelix. Very much appreciated.
        I will follow up with the qualified person in writing.
        Do you think worth pursuing NICEIC who they are supposedly registered with?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve1974 View Post
          Do you think worth pursuing NICEIC who they are supposedly registered with?
          I'd approach the NICEIC after you have followed up with the originating electrician if you get an unsatisfactory response.

Comment

Is the electrician registered with the NICIEC?

Have you checked?

Place a copy of the EICR up (with identifying info removed) and we will let you know wnat we think

The NICEIC technical help line can help you interpret the electicains report as well.

Comment

OP - this EICR was done over 14 months ago, why are you questioning this now ?

Comment

Landyman, of course, any individual providing a service should have the right to answer to any dissatisfaction and rectify if needed, before reporting to the regulator or refuting their name online.

baldelectrician, the individual appears to be registered, albeit under a different company name and address. What is signed off on the certificate matches the NICEIC website but doesn’t match companies house or their business website. I’ve tried to post the images but I get an error message and unsuccessful, if you PM me your email address I’ll happily send you a copy.

neelix, an incident at the property warranted another look over the documents, a lot further beyond the ‘all satisfactory’.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve1974 View Post
                  Landyman, of course, any individual providing a service should have the right to answer to any dissatisfaction and rectify if needed, before reporting to the regulator or refuting their name online.

baldelectrician, the individual appears to be registered, albeit under a different company name and address. What is signed off on the certificate matches the NICEIC website but doesn’t match companies house or their business website. I’ve tried to post the images but I get an error message and unsuccessful, if you PM me your email address I’ll happily send you a copy.

neelix, an incident at the property warranted another look over the documents, a lot further beyond the ‘all satisfactory’.
                  mail@baldelectrician.com

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X