Thinking of electric central heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of electric central heating

Our gas central heating has past its best. Thinking of replacing with electric. It's a one bed flat.
    Any thoughts welcome 're cost and hassle, e.g removing radiators.

Don't. You'll murder the EPC rating, and make it unlettable.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Just don’t do it ,…

Comment

Thanks. Clear advice, I won't !

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to MID (Meassuring Instruments Directive)
          by bob369
          I can't see them using too much electricity in a single room.
          You would be surprise how much a 3Kw heater, run day and night in winter costs. I witnessed one tenants room, (who came from a hot climate) -that was so hot he was dressed just in his shorts, with snow on the ground outside, it must...
          28-11-2021, 12:45 PM
        • MID (Meassuring Instruments Directive)
          by bob369
          I have old Card Ampy Electric Meters for the tenants rooms of my HMO, which were installed over 10 years ago.

I dont charge them a Standing Charge, as I feel that is unfair.

The system is simple and works well, and no fraud.

I have been looking at newer systems...
          21-10-2021, 12:00 PM
        • Electric ceiling heating
          by zrux
          One of my tenanted property has an electric ceiling heating. No Gas boilers.
          Just wondered, in case it goes wrong, is there any insurance which can provide cover for this?

What kind of trades person needs to be contacted to fix if this goes wrong?

Any one got any clue...
          05-09-2021, 16:39 PM
        • Reply to Electric ceiling heating
          by landlord-man
          I rented a top floor flat with ceiling heaters. Only short term for 6 months so not too bad.

Tempted to call RSPB out as the seagulls were burning their feet on the roof.

Woman in flat below us never turned hers on so we froze.

Property is now EPC E and only...
          25-11-2021, 22:26 PM
          by JK0
          Come on, it's never going to happen. Bojo is even more keen on the green nonsense than the EU, if that were possible.

What o/p could do is what I suggested in another thread: Get the fancy storage heaters for the purposes of the EPC, and also install a normal wall heater. Then tenant has...
          25-11-2021, 21:59 PM
          by Neelix
          BEWARE of LOT 20 products FULL stop.

Seek advice and guidance from others before going down this route and I would say any heaters with LOT 20 need to have app control too

These products ARE the work of the devils - so many people can't understand them so waste LOTS of energy....
          25-11-2021, 20:04 PM
          by zrux
          Hi, looks like my fear of the ceiling electric heating going bad has come true now.

If I go for a lot 20 heater/ High heat retention storage heaters - assuming there's a difference between these 2 products, is there a possibility of Gov grant that can cover some of the costs?
          25-11-2021, 19:35 PM
        • Reply to Retrospective Application of BS7671 (Wiring Regulations) ?
          by Charlieboy
          Thanks for your comments / advice - I will certainly be challenging the report, with a bit more confidence now.
          25-11-2021, 13:12 PM
        • Reply to New gas boiler
          by baldelectrician
          Ferroli was used by our local council for about 5-6 months years ago.

They binned them and started using Vokera- they install so many they are 'agents' - who do not sell.

Vokera actually give them parts on a use or return basis (if still sealed etc), they also let the council...
          25-11-2021, 00:40 AM
        • New gas boiler
          by 1600e
          Recommendations anyone? Just had one condemned, rip faithful old baxi Combi.
          condemned off the gsc carried out at one of my rentals. The guy recommended a ?(something beginning with 'v') that has a 10 yr warranty, bound to be catches but I can't find out terms and conditions for 'V' boilers. He...
          12-11-2021, 16:30 PM
        Working...
        X