Status of Fire Risk Assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of Fire Risk Assessment

It is a private block of 12 dwellings, Victorian converted in 1970s. Some are privately rented. We have just had a professional FRA. Are all recommendations mandatory to implement or can they be prioritised ( the assessor has given high or medium classification ). What is the relevant legislation please ?

Who are you in this case?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The report will categorise the urgency, your insurers may insist on some aspects being attended to.

Comment

irrespective of any legislation, a so called professional has made recomendations.
        If an accident occurs, and someone gets hurt,be it as a result of a fire, someone tripping over some items that were noted as "To be moved" - or flamable paint / gas bottles, and you are sued, then what would a judge say ?

"You had a professional evaluation, but decided not to take notice of the recomendations,
        --- guilty as charged"

However, we have a raised flagged area in front of the house with steps in the middle ( we have a basement, but only one third is below ground ) Our FRA; -- actually, it was a Fire and Safety Risk Assesment, stated we needed railings round it as someone may walk off the end.

I said, if someone walks up some steps, therefore knowing they are above ground level, and proceeded to willingly walk past the edge and fall off. - not our problem.
        We have a front boundary wall with wide flat top sandstone, where any child can climb, and walk off the edges. Granted there are no steps up to the top of the 4 foot wall, but same conditions apply.
        We have not put railings up because none of the other similar houses in the road have done so either, and because of above.

Up to the powers that be, to decide if the recommendation should be ignored, and the court action that may follow if ignored.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X