Electric ceiling heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric ceiling heating

One of my tenanted property has an electric ceiling heating. No Gas boilers.
    Just wondered, in case it goes wrong, is there any insurance which can provide cover for this?

What kind of trades person needs to be contacted to fix if this goes wrong?

Any one got any clue please

Well that is a new one on me..... i am not sure what that even looks like. Others of more obscure properties may come along and enlighten us both.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. Probably been there decades, hasn't it? If it goes wrong just buy a wall heater.
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

There is a large estate near me which was built in the 1970s and quite a few houses have ceiling heating.

Each room has its own ‘mat’ and if it’s upstairs it’s not a difficult job to replace. Downstairs rooms are a different matter all together.

a spark is what you would need

Hope this helps

Comment

Love to see the EPC assessor on that one

Comment

Yes, I suspect o/p might be well advised to disconnect the ceiling heating when it falls vacant, and install Lot 20 storage heaters.
            To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

lot 20 heaters are the work of the devil imho. Most users can’t set them up properly and then they waste a lot of heat and energy

Comment

Oh, I realise that and completely agree. Just if TPTB insist on them to get your EPC up to a C, what other option is there, if you want to let your property?

Comment

BTW, Nice & energy efficient, isn't it, to discard a working heating system to install Lot 20 heaters? (Not!)

Comment

Hi, looks like my fear of the ceiling electric heating going bad has come true now.

If I go for a lot 20 heater/ High heat retention storage heaters - assuming there's a difference between these 2 products, is there a possibility of Gov grant that can cover some of the costs?

Also currently my property is assessed at EPC D, Doing above will it achieve a C rating?

Comment

Originally posted by zrux View Post
                      Hi, looks like my fear of the ceiling electric heating going bad has come true now.

If I go for a lot 20 heater/ High heat retention storage heaters - assuming there's a difference between these 2 products, is there a possibility of Gov grant that can cover some of the costs?

Also currently my property is assessed at EPC D, Doing above will it achieve a C rating?
                      BEWARE of LOT 20 products FULL stop.

Seek advice and guidance from others before going down this route and I would say any heaters with LOT 20 need to have app control too

These products ARE the work of the devils - so many people can't understand them so waste LOTS of energy.

We need to get simpler heaters re-approved for the UK now we don't have the EU to dictate to us!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post

We need to get simpler heaters re-approved for the UK now we don't have the EU to dictate to us!
                        Come on, it's never going to happen. Bojo is even more keen on the green nonsense than the EU, if that were possible.

What o/p could do is what I suggested in another thread: Get the fancy storage heaters for the purposes of the EPC, and also install a normal wall heater. Then tenant has the choice of which to use.

Comment

I rented a top floor flat with ceiling heaters. Only short term for 6 months so not too bad.

Tempted to call RSPB out as the seagulls were burning their feet on the roof.

Woman in flat below us never turned hers on so we froze.

Property is now EPC E and only 1 point above F.
                          My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X