X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beggars emailed me tonight:

Please pay your final electricity bill now
    Hello Mr JK0
    Your final electricity bill for £185.25 should have been paid by now.
    Please pay in full today
    There's information about other ways to pay at the end of this email.
    If you've paid or agreed a payment plan with us in the last few days, thanks and please ignore this reminder.
    Important - your credit rating is at risk
    If you don't pay, then we may take one of the following actions:
    Register a Default against you
    This can affect your credit rating and will stay on your credit file for six years. It can make it harder to get a loan, credit card, or mobile phone contract.
    Pass your details to a debt collector
    You'll be charged a fee of up to 25% of the £185.25 you owe as an extra cost.
    Please pay this today
    What if you can't pay today?
    You might be able to spread the cost with a payment plan. Get in touch so we can find an affordable way for you to pay. You can call us on 0345 026 4612, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm Sat 8am-6pm.
    Get help from StepChange Debt Charity for free and impartial debt advice.
    Kind regards
    The team at SillyScottishElectricity
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Complain to the top. The numpties on customer service can't do anything but if you get to the CEO's team they are very often extremely helpful.

Comment

Complaints process followed by energy ombudsman. It usually gets settled once it's with the complaints team.

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
          Complain to the top. The numpties on customer service can't do anything but if you get to the CEO's team they are very often extremely helpful.
          Thanks. Just written a letter. Interestingly I checked my bills for another void flat, and have been overcharged £400 for that one also.
          To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Sorry JK0, I was very slow in approving your post.
            I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Today I received a phone message from customer services complaints department. I rang back and spoke to Rab C Nesbit's even less intelligible brother.

Kept me on the phone for half an hour, then I hung up after being left on hold for ten minutes.

Comment

Don't phone, snail mail is best followed by email. Better still both with screen shots.

I've had similar issues with Thames Water, still waiting for a meter, I don't care anymore, the agreement I have with them is they won't charge anything until they have fit the new meter . . . 😂

Comment

Latest correspondence received today. (Yes, they instructed debt collectors!)

Dear Mr JK0,
                  It’s time to pay your SSE Energy PLC bill.
                  At LCS we work to achieve the best outcome for both our clients, and our customers who find themselves with overdue accounts. Our client SSE Energy PLC has informed us there is an unpaid balance.

Lots of people’s finances look different at the moment due to coronavirus, and we understand that you might need some time to work out what this means for you. If your situation allows, sorting out outstanding bills now will help you keep on top of your finances.

It’s quick and easy to pay via our website which you can visit at www.lcsdr.com. There you can pay in full, set up a payment plan or chat to us online. Alternatively, you can call us on 0344 543 9169.

If there’s an issue with this bill, or you need help to pay, please get in touch and we will work to resolve this with you.

Yours sincerely,
                  LCS

Comment

I also have an issue with SSE. Sent them readings last summer on a holiday let. They then kept chasing for readings. Sent again. Still chasing. Now they are upping my monthly DD because they say my estimated usage is high. It is, Higher than reality. Way higher. I assume you will write back to them informing them they have been misinformed and there is no unpaid balance for which you are liable!
                    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Thanks IG. I've been on the phone to them it seems all afternoon. It may help you to know that the complaints dept phone no. is 0345 0719853. They ask for your account number, but won't recognise it until you key it in the 2nd time.

Finally they seem to agree my readings from 2nd August, and that they owe me money.

They told me that the overcharge at my other flat was caused by them transferring the debt from a 3rd flat that was let in March. I was suitably mortified, until I dug out my statements and found I paid that bill back in April.

Back on the phone again, and after a long delay, they agree. They've agreed to pay me £30 compensation for my hassle, and call off the debt collectors.

Comment

That's why I record all my business calls and let them know at the start I am doing so- it actually galvanises their mind somewhat.

Comment

JKO - thank you for the info - very helpful. I would not hold your breath. I bet you anything you get another demand in a week or so. The departments do not seem to talk to each other!
                          Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

In this day and age, you would have thought that getting accurate bills, based on customer readings would be easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
                              In this day and age, you would have thought that getting accurate bills, based on customer readings would be easy!
                              Or even use Smart meter readings and yet still receive estimated bills 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post

Or even use Smart meter readings and yet still receive estimated bills 🤷‍♂️
                                Daft.

Our neighbours had smart meters fitted - but the readings aren't being received - thats probably because we live in a dip and most mobile phones won't work here!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• MID (Meassuring Instruments Directive)
                                  by bob369
                                  I have old Card Ampy Electric Meters for the tenants rooms of my HMO, which were installed over 10 years ago.

I dont charge them a Standing Charge, as I feel that is unfair.

The system is simple and works well, and no fraud.

I have been looking at newer systems...
                                  21-10-2021, 12:00 PM
                                • Reply to MID (Meassuring Instruments Directive)
                                  by bob369
                                  I can't see them using too much electricity in a single room.
                                  You would be surprise how much a 3Kw heater, run day and night in winter costs. I witnessed one tenants room, (who came from a hot climate) -that was so hot he was dressed just in his shorts, with snow on the ground outside, it must...
                                  28-11-2021, 12:45 PM
                                • Electric ceiling heating
                                  by zrux
                                  One of my tenanted property has an electric ceiling heating. No Gas boilers.
                                  Just wondered, in case it goes wrong, is there any insurance which can provide cover for this?

What kind of trades person needs to be contacted to fix if this goes wrong?

Any one got any clue...
                                  05-09-2021, 16:39 PM
                                • Reply to Electric ceiling heating
                                  by landlord-man
                                  I rented a top floor flat with ceiling heaters. Only short term for 6 months so not too bad.

Tempted to call RSPB out as the seagulls were burning their feet on the roof.

Woman in flat below us never turned hers on so we froze.

Property is now EPC E and only...
                                  25-11-2021, 22:26 PM
                                  by JK0
                                  Come on, it's never going to happen. Bojo is even more keen on the green nonsense than the EU, if that were possible.

What o/p could do is what I suggested in another thread: Get the fancy storage heaters for the purposes of the EPC, and also install a normal wall heater. Then tenant has...
                                  25-11-2021, 21:59 PM
                                  by Neelix
                                  BEWARE of LOT 20 products FULL stop.

Seek advice and guidance from others before going down this route and I would say any heaters with LOT 20 need to have app control too

These products ARE the work of the devils - so many people can't understand them so waste LOTS of energy....
                                  25-11-2021, 20:04 PM
                                  by zrux
                                  Hi, looks like my fear of the ceiling electric heating going bad has come true now.

If I go for a lot 20 heater/ High heat retention storage heaters - assuming there's a difference between these 2 products, is there a possibility of Gov grant that can cover some of the costs?
                                  25-11-2021, 19:35 PM
                                • Reply to Retrospective Application of BS7671 (Wiring Regulations) ?
                                  by Charlieboy
                                  Thanks for your comments / advice - I will certainly be challenging the report, with a bit more confidence now.
                                  25-11-2021, 13:12 PM
                                • Reply to New gas boiler
                                  by baldelectrician
                                  Ferroli was used by our local council for about 5-6 months years ago.

They binned them and started using Vokera- they install so many they are 'agents' - who do not sell.

Vokera actually give them parts on a use or return basis (if still sealed etc), they also let the council...
                                  25-11-2021, 00:40 AM
                                • New gas boiler
                                  by 1600e
                                  Recommendations anyone? Just had one condemned, rip faithful old baxi Combi.
                                  condemned off the gsc carried out at one of my rentals. The guy recommended a ?(something beginning with 'v') that has a 10 yr warranty, bound to be catches but I can't find out terms and conditions for 'V' boilers. He...
                                  12-11-2021, 16:30 PM
                                Working...
                                X