Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Testing

I need to get the Fire Alarm, and Emergency Lighting Certificates for a Selective licencing (this is not a HMO property) but 3 flats in a property. I do this on periodic to test the system and fill in the log book when the tests have been completed,

The fire Alarm is tested, incorporates the following
    • Smoke/Fire Detectors.
    • Heat/Fire Detectors.
    • Manual Call Points, to sound the alarm.
    • Central Control Panel for maintenance.
    • Fire Alarm Sounders.
    The emergency lightening is tested and the system is drain down for a period of 3 hours this is done annually, but a test is performed on a shorter period usually 10-20mins periodically.

The regulations state that a competent person can perform this task, which I have done for several years. Do I need to now employ someone to get the certificates, which are around £150 each, for something which I do, and they will do exactly the same.....

Anyone know if I can self certify these things?

Comment

I'd imagine they mean the certificates for fitting the alarms??

Comment

I doubt it as the alarm system was fitted around 8 years ago, and they are tested periodically. Just wanted to know if I can self certify them or you need an electrician, even though the testing doesn't involve any electrical tests.

Comment

If you have already seen the following, o.k.
          At present all we do is test the system is working + changing bateries every 3 years. We don't wait for them to beep, no certificate.

http://ram2.hostbyet2.com/

1) Risk_flats.pdf

2) fire_ful.pdf

Comment

In our small buildings, fire alarm testing is undertaken 4 times a year at a cost of £175 a time (takes the company 15 mins max). Wouldn;t wice a year be sufficient? Is there are law on this?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X