Pat testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat testing

Hi, every year I have all the electrical items in my properties tested even if they are tenants property.
    Can you write something in the tenancy about having items tested and paying for it.
    I've had a number of tenants items fail and it always causes problems when I say they need to remove it.
    Be interested to here views
    Cheers

I think you only have to test items you supply as part of the tenancy.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Why are you testing every year? And why are you paying for tenants kit?

Comment

I know you don't have to have pat test done, but in Bristol 5 years ago a landlord was fined 30k for a faulty fridge which went live and injured the tenants son Not only that but he was refused insurance and cover withdrawn.
        When the engineer is there he tests everything for one price, £15 one or twenty items

Comment

Originally posted by jase222 View Post
          When the engineer is there he tests everything for one price, £15 one or twenty items
          My minimum charge is £60 for up to 20 items. Not sure how ANYBODY can do 20 items for £15 and make a profit , unless he's charging £15 per item!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Pat testing
            by jase222
            Hi, every year I have all the electrical items in my properties tested even if they are tenants property.
            Can you write something in the tenancy about having items tested and paying for it.
            I've had a number of tenants items fail and it always causes problems when I say they need to remove...
            19-07-2021, 16:36 PM
          • Reply to Pat testing
            by Neelix
            My minimum charge is £60 for up to 20 items. Not sure how ANYBODY can do 20 items for £15 and make a profit , unless he's charging £15 per item!...
            20-07-2021, 07:41 AM
          • Reply to Pat testing
            by jase222
            I know you don't have to have pat test done, but in Bristol 5 years ago a landlord was fined 30k for a faulty fridge which went live and injured the tenants son Not only that but he was refused insurance and cover withdrawn.
            When the engineer is there he tests everything for one price, £15 one...
            20-07-2021, 06:58 AM
          • Reply to Pat testing
            by Neelix
            Why are you testing every year? And why are you paying for tenants kit?
            19-07-2021, 18:29 PM
          • Reply to Pat testing
            by Interlaken
            I think you only have to test items you supply as part of the tenancy.
            19-07-2021, 16:38 PM
          • New consumer unit advice
            by bobcat
            Hi all,

I had my electrical safety inspection carried out and the RCD in the consumer unit was found to be faulty (leakage due to age)

I have a plastic mem consumer unit and can no longer obtain a new RCD so will have a new consumer unit fitted

I have decided to...
            12-07-2021, 14:12 PM
          • Reply to New consumer unit advice
            by andybenw
            Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending to source your own. Just saying if you want to they can be gotten.
            15-07-2021, 16:11 PM
          • EICR and RCD failure
            by bobcat
            Hi all,
            Can the electricians on this forum comment on how often they come across an RCD that has failed..

I recently had three EICRs carried out and two have failed because of a faulty RCD..on the 2nd house the electrician said he had not seen that before, I went to CEF and managed...
            15-07-2021, 14:11 PM
            by Gandolf
            Have trust in your sparky, dont get you own, if theres anything wrong you will get charged to put it right, if its wrong and they get it its their problem simples. Plus they will use the same boxes daily and keep all spares incase anything happens in future, if its your box they might not have spres...
            15-07-2021, 12:05 PM
            by andybenw
            You can probably source a Hager Unit from TLC if you don't want an electricians mark-up. Likely to be one on an industrial estate near you. TLC definitely sell to non electricians as I've bought stuff from them myself.
            15-07-2021, 07:35 AM
          Working...
          X