Consumer unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billl View Post
    Thank you Baldelectrician, what check should I do before instructing a electrician?
    problem is there no guarantees with trades people , they claim all sorts of things BUT as somebody who gets nearly all their work by word of mouth recommendation, I would say this is the way you should go

remember some trade sites do not publish bad reviews , and as you can see from your fuseboard, membership of the NICEIC or other CPS’s don’t mean much either

Comment

Use a fully approoved contractor.

Part P only is not fully time (apprenticeship) served usually

I would suggest a full scope Approved Contractor (either NICEIC or ECA)

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post

problem is there no guarantees with trades people , they claim all sorts of things BUT as somebody who gets nearly all their work by word of mouth recommendation, I would say this is the way you should go
        I agree- I get most of my work from word of mouth and existing customers.

Comment

Thank you both for your advice, I just went with what the management agent recommended builder. This is the second time and has not worked out well. I have asked the current electrician if he is a full scope Approved Contractor, Thanks

The electrician is insisting to have a condition report at £180 before quoting for any work, is this normal. Do electricians have a general price list for typical works. I feel like I am going in blind, you don't happen to know any electricians in Central London?

Comment

The electrician is insisting to have a condition report at £180 before quoting for any work, is this normal. Do electricians have a general price list for typical works. I feel like I am going in blind, you don't happen to know any electricians in Central London?
            There is quite a lot of time / work involved in the EICR so I'm not surprised at the £180. He can't know the scope of the problem without doing this. What comes next will depend on what he finds. It sounds like you could be in for a large bill bill you need to get this sorted and what price safety?

Comment

Back to the op, £180 in London isn’t much for an EICR so before you give the go ahead to the spark ask him how long he will be in the property? If he says about 1 hour then don’t use him.

Comment

The electrician has replied back with "Yes, NAPIT approved." Which is neither NICEIC or ECA. Is this satisfactory?

I will ask hime how long he will be at the property for the report, thanks

How long should he take for a two bed flat?

Comment

2 to 3 hours

Comment

Is NAPIT acceptable?

Thanks

Comment

With all your good advice I manage to get the original electrician to fix the issue.

The issue i have is i not sure if he did it correctly.

I have upload loaded photos the electrician sent me, if there is any issues you can see please let me know

Comment

more photos from the electrician

Comment

Curious that one circuit isn't labelled.

So has this electrician provided you with an EICR, an EIC and a Part P compliance certificate?

Comment

Neelix thank you for taking the time to have a look, he did not provide any certificate. Should he have done? He came back just to fix the issues. The kitchen was in middle wiring when this issues where highlighted.

Comment

Neelix thank you for taking the time to have a look, he did not provide any certificate. Should he have done? He came back just to fix the issues. The kitchen was in middle wiring when this issues where highlighted.
                              Well, he's changed all the OCPD's and RCD's so yes IMHO he should have AND also for the work he did in your kitchen

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X