Yet another EICR......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another EICR......

Have attached an EICR had done and looking for advice. Seems to be lots of further investigations and is a plastic consumer unit a C2 or C3.
    EICR is too big to attach apparently so have copied the relevant bits.

C2'S

7 Condition of enclosure(s) in terms of IP rating etc (416.2) Consumer unit mounted on wooden batten allowing cable entries on rear ( upper and lower surfaces ) to be accessible - no longer IP4X
    8 Condition of enclosure(s) in terms of fire rating etc (421.1.201; 526.5) - plastic CCU with openings for cable entry
    16 Open circuit for LINE conductors on circuit 3 ( ring final for sockets within flat ) - URGENT INVESTIGATION

F1'S

4 Confirmation of main protective bonding conductor sizes (544.1)
    5 Condition and accessibility of main protective bonding conductor/connections (543.3.2; 544.1.2)
    9 Presence of RCD six-monthly test notice at or near consumer unit/distribution board (514.12.2)
    15 Suitability of current-using equipment for particular position within the location (701.55) - location of bathroom fan directly above shower head ( < 0.5 m )
    17 Bathroom fan installed directly above shower head. Limited access to check it is suitable for location ( zone 2 ) - SELV ?
    20 Boiler feed from ring-final circuit of main flat ( not kitchen ring-final circuit nor separate supply ). Investigate source of wiring
    22 No accessible local isolation for each integrated kitchen appliances ( fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine ). Access and verify connections to kitchen ring-final circuit.
    23 No accessible local isolation for cooker. Access and verify wiring accessory behind unit.
    24 Socket outlet behind wardrobe in front bedroom inaccessible at time of report

Originally posted by madmaxwell View Post
    Have attached an EICR had done and looking for advice. Seems to be lots of further investigations and is a plastic consumer unit a C2 or C3.
    EICR is too big to attach apparently so have copied the relevant bits.

C2'S

7 Condition of enclosure(s) in terms of IP rating etc (416.2) Consumer unit mounted on wooden batten allowing cable entries on rear ( upper and lower surfaces ) to be accessible - no longer IP4X
    Seal with barrier such as intumescent expanding foam or silicone etc

8 Condition of enclosure(s) in terms of fire rating etc (421.1.201; 526.5) - plastic CCU with openings for cable entry
    Not a problem if no thermal damage should be a C3
    16 Open circuit for LINE conductors on circuit 3 ( ring final for sockets within flat ) - URGENT INVESTIGATION
    This needs checked, about 1-2 hours work approx

F1'S

4 Confirmation of main protective bonding conductor sizes (544.1)
    If size cannot be confirmed continuity can be confirmed with wander lead and noted if fine or not

5 Condition and accessibility of main protective bonding conductor/connections (543.3.2; 544.1.2)
    If size cannot be confirmed continuity can be confirmed with wander lead and noted if fine or not

9 Presence of RCD six-monthly test notice at or near consumer unit/distribution board (514.12.2)
    Put a sticker on FFS

15 Suitability of current-using equipment for particular position within the location (701.55) - location of bathroom fan directly above shower head ( < 0.5 m )
    Nonsense- fan is designed for use in bathroom (if not buy a new fan for £15 and you know complies and put it in)

17 Bathroom fan installed directly above shower head. Limited access to check it is suitable for location ( zone 2 ) - SELV ?
    Nonsense- fan is designed for use in bathroom (if not buy a new fan for £15 and you know complies and put it in)

20 Boiler feed from ring-final circuit of main flat ( not kitchen ring-final circuit nor separate supply ). Investigate source of wiring
    Not a departure

22 No accessible local isolation for each integrated kitchen appliances ( fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine ). Access and verify connections to kitchen ring-final circuit.
    Poor workmanship, not dangerous- socket may be in cupboard or under unit

23 No accessible local isolation for cooker. Access and verify wiring accessory behind unit.
    Poor workmanship, not dangerous- socket may be in cupboard or under unit

24 Socket outlet behind wardrobe in front bedroom inaccessible at time of report
    Note as limitation on cert- that's what they are there for.

See above comments in RED

Comment

Hum

so there are no IP ratings required for the rear of a fuseboard

other than that I quite agree with baldelectrician

Comment

So am i being ripped off. Should i have another EICR DONE.He has quoted £850 for new consumer unit and carry out the further investigations and has said it will take 3 days

Baldelectrician....what do you mean by not a departure re number 20

Comment

So am i being ripped off. Should i have another EICR DONE.He has quoted £850 for new consumer unit and carry out the further investigations and has said it will take 3 days

Those prices are extortionate.

Where in the UK are you?

Comment

newcastle.....How do you find an electrician that wont rip you off.

Comment

newcastle.....How do you find an electrician that wont rip you off.
              ask friends or neighbours ...

do you use Nextdoor ?

people often ask for recommendations for all types of trades on there .... and I get quite a lot of enquires this way

please don’t tar us all with that brush

Comment

I mean it is not against the regulations to have a gas heating system powered from a socket circuit, the heat is being done by the gas so the additional load on the socket circuit is negligible

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X