Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible delay in Gas Safety check

Dear all,

I am a first time landlord. I wanted to check that is it an absolute requirement that the CP12 check must be done within 365 days of the last certificate, or is there some flexibility say if it is done a few days after the certificate expires? Does the gas engineer refuse to do the check if the certificate has expired?

Thank you, much appreciated

It is an absolute requirement. The gas engineer won't refuse to do it. I doubt the HSE would be interested if the tenant complained, but you may encounter problems if you ever need to use s21

Comment

The flexibility works the other way, you can have the test done earlier and retain the same expiry anniversary.

The requirement is absolute (it's like an MOT).
      No one will decline to carry out a test if there's a gap.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Just get it booked in. Most GSR's are very busy (as are sparks) so as long as you have it all arranged I can't imagine that there will be any issues

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          The flexibility works the other way, you can have the test done earlier and retain the same expiry anniversary.
          I did not know that.

How much earlier can you have it?

Comment

Up to two months.

Some engineers don't know this either.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

That doesn't surprise me - I will ask my usual plumber if he knows this.

Do you have a source I can quote if he doesn't agree?

Comment

https://www.landlordzone.co.uk/news/...e-flexibility/

Comment

There is no flexibility (to have it done a few days later) you must be covered by gas safety certificate at all times and the HSE would be interested if you weren't as you would be breaking the law.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X