GSC expiry question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSC expiry question

Going to do a gas safe certificate soon for my property but the engineer mentioned that the expiry will be exactly 1 year from when he does it. However, I am getting it done about a month earleir than expiry. I told the engineer this but he said there is no way to change the date to get the additional month expiry as it is automated.

Is it enough to show the previous certificate and this years one as well to still keep the original expiry date when i do it again next year so i can do it in 13 months time rather than waste a month?

The engineer is wrong.
    Thats how it used to work, but it changed a few years ago.

I’d use someone who’s kept up to date.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Yeah he knows the rules it is just that his device does not allow him to use custom dates. Anyway I got this done so lost out on a month (better than having to re-organise for another date).

I assume I can not show last years certificate to get the original expiry next year?

Comment

no but you can change your gas guy to someone who can comply with the law.

Comment

The same is true from many gas testers, I get mine done early and then contact the company again on the actual date of the expiry and they generate a new certificate to keep the original expiry date. All totally above board it's just the software they use does not allow them to forward date a certificate.

All the best

Comment

You can carry out the gas safety check up to 2 months in advance and retain the original date, The certificate must be dated as the date tested but retain renewal date. All gas safe registered people should be aware of that. You cannot issue the certificate weeks after you have done the checks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X