Have a British Gas Engineer booked for EICR on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a British Gas Engineer booked for EICR on Thursday

I booked British Gas as they were quite reasonable at £150, I'm just worried if there is any remedial work required. Are they expensive when it comes to work done?

Ha! Do you think there is not likely to be any expensive remedial work, if they are only charging you £150 to inspect?

Comment

Inspect what type of property?

Do update us with the outcome of the report

Comment

British Gas are not known for their ....... market leading prices ! Should be interesting though.

Also i had thought that a number of BG ' engineers ' were sub contractors who then charge BG their fee and BG add their commission, so in reality you are simply employing an independent trades person but paying BG prices.

Comment

The BG page says "FROM" ................. and I doubt many of their so called "engineers" have the competence to do them either

Comment

I had mine done a couple of months back with BG, ended up costing me just over £400 with rectifications. Good luck

Comment

I've had mine done a t £120 per property by a local electrician. Each house has cost an additional £400-500 each. Three houses have had their rent increased between tenants to accommodate this and the mtg tax relief. Other properties will have a rent increase of around £10 per month as soon as covid is sorted, to cover the elec repairs. It's a business cost passed on to the customer.

Comment

I hate British Gas.

Comment

If the answer is British Gas its a Bl**dy Stupid Question!

Comment

So basic maths

£150 / 1.2 = £125

my guess is that BG charge about £80 per hour so 90 minutes to do an EICR

it won’t be worth the paper it’s printed on

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post
                      it won’t be worth the paper it’s printed on
                      It will be a valid EICR.
                      Having the inspection before the end of this month is a legal requirement.

Lets see what the result is.
                      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Sorry For the late response, the engineer didn't turn up and I had to book in for the 29th of march for another appointment. This is cutting it very fine so I will try to book someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by sporter82 View Post
                          Sorry For the late response, the engineer didn't turn up and I had to book in for the 29th of march for another appointment. This is cutting it very fine so I will try to book someone else.
                          keep the record of the no show and don’t pay over the odds for a last minute booking

nobody is going to prosecute you for not getting it done, especially if you can demonstrate that you have booked one for April

Comment

The annoying thing wad British Gas was texting the tenant all day long saying they are running late, when I called them they said the third party electrician should have called to confirm the appointment. No one called, and B G didn't explain I needed to be called.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                            X