EICR (Again) - What is actually required for a “Satisfactory” report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both the original EIC and the recent EICR state the circuit breakers are BS 3871 - so this was definitely NOT fitted new as part of the rewire

Looking forward to the photo

Comment

Revisiting this - the CU is BS 3871, I can’t find the final invoice for the work but can I only assume it wasn’t replaced (unless the electrician was offloading his collection of old stuff). The problem now appears to be IP related - both top entry and cover...

Comment

Can’t you post a photo of said fuseboard ?

Comment

I don’t have any contact with the tenant, it’s managed by an agent - suspect I’m going to have to make the journey to find out what’s actually going on, as now I’m being told the RCDs didn’t “work” at the time of the EICR (what chance all failing?)...

Comment

ask the agent to go and get a photo ...

Comment

Originally posted by Real_Politik View Post
              EICR test page:
              That EICR looks as genuine as my Ferrari!

Zs and/or R1+R2 have clearly been calculated, which is not in itself wrong, but shows lack of doing a proper job. The Insulation Resistance readings are clearly nonsense, as I guarantee he/she didn't get over-range readings on an occupied home. The ring final readings are exactly at a factor of 1.67 from live to cpc, also showing they have been "calculated" rather than measured correctly.

Comment

A surprise today, report comes back age of installation 37 years, but on inspection in good condition just a few C3s passed, retest in ten years

Comment

Retest in 10 years is an issue for a landlord as the new legislation says Max 5 years

and also the max Zs figures for the breakers is wrong too

Comment

We are not the immediate landlord, we have been pressing shopkeepers with "shop and uppers" to have these tests carried out and was really surprised that his part P electrician issued a certificate saying re-test in ten years

Comment

if the “uppers” are for residential let’s then the 5 year or sooner applies for retesting for this part of the property .

Comment

I am sure you are right. So odd to give a ten year retest on 37 year old wiring!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X