Can an electrician certify his own work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an electrician certify his own work ?

I am currently refurbishing a property which is to be fully rewired.
    is the electrician allowed to issue a EICR . ? as he is effectively checking his own work,
    or does this have to be certified by an independent qualified electrician. ?

thanks

He can do his own.

Comment

Yes, my electrician has just conducted an EICR on one of my properties and done some work to get it up to standard with new consumer unit etc..... then has then issued the cert.

Comment

Is he registered with a competent persons scheme? An EICR is a report on the existing installation. If your electrician is rewiring then you will require an EIC

Comment

He is, he owns/runs a firm who outfit new builds and commercial premises, when i say 'my electrician' he is not a mate of a mate, but this is his main business and has been in it for many years.

Comment

sorry Hudson01 I was referring to the OP. My bad. I should have 'quoted'

Comment

Thanks darkstar : what is the EIC ?

Comment

Electrical
                Installation
                Certificate

mandatory for many types of electrical installations including a rewire, not to be confused with an

Electrical
                Installation
                Condition

which is only used to report on the condition of the electrical Installation

and a rewire in England or Wales needs to be covered by a Part P notification too

Comment

All there above from neelix

Comment

Not only can an electrician do this, but he's legally obliged to ensure it is done,and it's unusual for him not to do it himself.

Comment

in fact alarm bells should be ringing if they can’t do the EIC, EICR and Part P

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X