EICR needed but tenant refusing to allow work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem was lettings agents always said they weren’t necessary ....

Comment

Agreed , The EICR's were not nessasary. However it's a landlord's job to know that the electrical safety of their installations are mandatory and hiding behind a 3rd party is insufficient

Comment

Originally posted by Neelix View Post

the problem was lettings agents always said they weren’t necessary ....
        That is a complete abdication of responsibility!

Comment

In fairness to the OP, although we have had fair notice of the legislation, nobody envisioned a pandemic, and where finding a decent electrician has sometimes been challenging at the best of times, it's even more challenging at the moment. I had mine done in the summer, and there was a window in between lockdown for this to be done, but my tenants are not awkward, and I have a good relationship with my electrician and plumber. I would imagine it has been challenging for some.

Incidentally, I found out a couple of months ago, that my electric immersion heater wasn't even wired in at the property where I live a few months of the year. I've been here 5 years, and the property was built in 2009! Obviously we usually use the gas, but the boiler broke. Couldn't work out what the boiler had to do with the electric immersion. Happy days . . .. So not such a bad idea to get home electrics checked out as well.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X