How important to state 'next req date' on form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How important to state 'next req date' on form?

Afternoon. Booked an EICR . Just had Domestic Electrical Installation Condition report - (which I hope is same thing) with an NICEIC contractor Passed as satisfactory with an observation that the CU was not metal clad, . My query is , he hasnt put anywhere when the next inspection should be . I mentioned it to him , and he said it wasnt necessary as it had no items to rectify , so it was just a straight forward 5 years from now . The only place I can see on the certificate where he could have put it , is this Part 5 below, which looks like its only there for when remedial work has been necessary , and hes left that empty . What do you think ? the NAPIT guidence for LL's seems clear that regulations say the report must give a next inspection date ,but thers nowhere on the report form. I could just write on a dat 5yrs from yesterday date , or just leave it?

PART 5 : NEXT INSPECTION
    I/We (as indicated on page 1) recommend that subject to the necessary remedial work being taken, this installation should be further inspected and tested after an interval of not more than years/months* (delete as appropriate) -------- Give reason for recommendation:

As the law states it must be done every 5 years I don't think you need it on the certificate. The date the inspection was done is the important one.

Comment

next inspection should be listed in Part 5 and, according to Shelter's guidance, the LL has to comply with this so if your cert says it has to be done in, say, 1 year, that's when you should be doing another one. Unfortunately, my ex-letting agent made the electrician on two of my properties write this so that they could charge me for more frequent and unnecessary tests.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X