NAPIT Guidance on New Electrical Certification requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stew View Post

So as far as I understand these are not new regulations and are an extension of the previous regulations being applied to HMO's (with some differences) , in that regard there must be plently of HMO's that were certified with C3's.
    Sorry but what does C1, C2 and C3 refer to?

Comment

C1- Immediately dangerous
      C2- Potentially dangerous
      C3- Not to current standards

The old regs required summlimentary bonding (bond cable from heating pipe > lighting circuit > shower circuit ...), in other words the items in the bathroom that could become live in the event of a fault were connected by local supplimentary bonding and therefore at the same 'potential' .
      You only get a shock of there is a difference of potential

The last regs let you omit supplimentary bonding if RCD's were present for all items in the bathroom.

https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.or...149/bpg4-1.pdf

See page 12 - top right side

Comment

baldelectrician

many thanks for posting that PDF link on the other thread it really sheds light on what is/isn't allowed in terms of ECGR ratings, very helpful, I will use that as a reference to share and discuss with any electricians. I had been searching high and low to find in more detail real examples of the ratings that could for instance be given to older CU's.

JK0 while I'm not an electrician that guide posted suggests that your ECGR results are wrong,,, I say suggests as it's hard without seeing the install and speaking to the electrician what was in his/her mind when you got the C2 for the older CU. For instance the board could be damaged. But definately worth taking more advice before spending out I think

All just my personal view

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X